OP This Weekend

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Bryce Levin, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Bryce Levin

Bryce Levin Member

I will be out on the OP this weekend fishing the Hoh through Tuesday. Green Outcast raft and a white Subaru. If anyone wants to share a beer or do some fishing don't be afraid to say hello.

2. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
  3. PT

PT Physhicist

Good luck! Be sure to post the before and after pics... goinggoinggone.jpg

4. Bryce Levin

Bryce Levin Member

Yeah, I am keeping my fingers crossed and options open. We will see.

5. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Media:
    Pack the beach rod and toy with some SRCs!

6. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Media:
    Hopefully that rain will blow out the blockages! I know, wishful thinking...but that's what steelheaders do best.

7. Benjy

Benjy Active Member

Media:
    We need that rain so f-ing bad. I was on the Hoh yesterday. Every asshat guide in the state of WA is on that river right now because they can't get their POS, military-spec diamond-plate-metal super-tanker drift boats down any other river right now. I was just appalled at the traffic, and the fact that out of 25 or so boats, we might have been the only recreational fishermen out there. What a waste of of vacation day. I might normally fear that bump of water but things are so low that I think you'll have some options this weekend, and I think there are a lot of fish out there in the Ocean just waiting to rush the systems.

8. SOPoker

SOPoker Banned or Parked

i smell a pavati ....

sopflyfisher and orangeradish like this.
  9. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Media:
    I counted 21 rigs on OC road earlier this month... unreal....

10. PT

PT Physhicist

I'll be over that way next week mid-week. Open seat or two available.

Sorry for the hijack.

11. Mossyback

Mossyback New Member

Bryce, my buddies and I were camped right across from you. Pretty slow weekend for us (and most others based on the fish checker's report), hope you found some.

12. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

Best advice I can say is read the articile in the recent Drake by Rose...

That was a good read and I found it so true of the OP

JS and Jason Rolfe like this.
  13. Tacoma Red

Tacoma Red Active Member

Bryce and Mossyback,

How it go? Which rivers did you fish and did you float? How was the wind/rain? Crowded?

PM if you feel the need to,

And thanks in advance,
    TR

14. PfleugerPhister

PfleugerPhister Active Member

I'm about sick of that Mag whoring on the coast. It's run a number of features about the area in the last several issues, and all it's gonna do is raise awareness to the Montana trout fag contingent. Get ready for more new F350 "ranch edition" giant trucks!

15. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Media:
    Judging by the fact that there are 20+ rigs at every popular takeout I don't think you have anything to worry. Pretty sure all those rivers have made the Oprahs THINGS I LOVE list for a couple years running. It's especially awesome to see that most of the guys are fishing eggs under a bobber, you know, for the catch and release wild fish.

16. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

Ignoring for the moment your weird homophobic tinged rant...

I don't think there was anything in that feature that was "whoring" the coast. The OP is as well known as any other area, and no amount of magazine articles is going to change that one way or another.

Rose's piece was a thoughtful story written by a writer who cares deeply about his local waters. It wasn't a kiss and tell piece, it was about showing the area respect, managing your expectations, not being one of those anglers standing on the gravel bar grimacing all day long when you aren't getting hits.

Of all the magazines out there right now, we're lucky to have one like the Drake that isn't afraid to publish stories with substance for people willing to read between the lines, rather than the boring, stale "fish here" and "check out this new fly" stories.

J

triploidjunkie and flybill like this.
  17. 1morecast

1morecast Active Member

Media:
    I agree this piece was not about whoring out the OP. I have meet Doug and had the pleasure to talk with him on a couple of occasions. He is a man who cares deeply about the fisheries on the OP.

The drake sucks, as does all the other mags out there that are a backpage.com of fishing prostitution

i'll bet 99 % of FF (myself included) have read FFmags at one time or another. How else would all these FF find their way out to the OP, or Montana, or Belieze, or learn which technique or rod is the hot new way to fish?

18. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Media:
    Anyone who accuses Doug Rose of pimping out the Peninsula is suffering from a severe case of ignorance and delusional misunderstanding. Holy hand grenade folks....

19. Mossyback

Mossyback New Member

I agree. Painting Doug Rose as part of the problem is about as far from reality as you could be. Poor guy is battling for his life while internet tough guys are calling him out for "whoring" the OP? Unbeleiveable. Disrespectful. Misinformed.

Andrew Lawrence likes this.
  20. SOPoker

SOPoker Banned or Parked

I think folks are missing the real problem. Everyone wants to talk about ways to save Native Fish, or Cry about big box retail stores, websites, magazines, or craigslist guides... Folks lets just detonate an EMP over Washington. SO MANY problems would be solved.

Fish Finders would stop beeping, alarm clocks would assist sleeping, and Dams would start seeping. Sure there would be other problems like flooding and hunger but really minor in comparison to keeping the OP safe. Here at the Prison we would probably just shoot a few in mates to keep control, not like anyone could take photos or report on our miss-use of force. Shit now that I think of it, why haven't EMP's started to become for sale on the private market? I would chip in as long as they did not affect Guns and Treble hooks.