OP This Weekend

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Bryce Levin, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

One of those head mounted video camera things.

I think.

2. kamishak steve

kamishak steve Active Member

Media:
    I want a swig from the flask!

3. kamishak steve

kamishak steve Active Member

Media:
    Interesting. Where are those numbers from? Are those wild & hatchery aggregate or just natives?

4. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Its somebody that wants to be a guide !!!!

Jason Rolfe likes this.
  5. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Media:
    Hey fuck you I love my Go Pro. Gadgets are cool. Sorry you nubs can't catch fish unless you're alone in a stocker pond. Tough fucking shit. You should take up trap shooting or something.

Except for the beginning (you know before the left turn at the all night diner), this thread is almost complete BS. Shit talking a dude with cancer? Nice.

And I am driving from Walla Walla to fish the OP shortly, so grease up the boat bumpers in the hog line...my fat ass is squeezing in line.

:D

(*Walks back to house, knowing the Troll will be well fed tonight*)

Josh P and Jeremy Floyd like this.
  6. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Media:
    David.. that's going to cause some poor internet junkie to be using tears for lube while they are "roughing up the suspect"..

good luck on the trip though!

7. David Dalan

Media:
    Well here is hoping the smily and the secret code at the bottom of the message keeps them from wringing the chickens neck TOO hard.

8. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Whens the big showdown going to happen? we could sell tickets and donate the money to the American Cancer Society!!!!

9. David Dalan

Media:
    I'll film it with my Go Pro and post it on YouTube!!!

10. Ringlee

Ringlee Doesn't care how you fish Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Is this PfluergerPhister or GHFS Eric coming out with that threat? Just wondering with your multiple personalities on this site and trolls.

11. Alosa

Alosa Active Member

This is quite possibly the single WORST thread I have EVER read on these forums. Stupid insults, public invitations to fight on a gravel bar, and nonsensical statements left and right plagued by poor grammar that make it difficult to understand. Jesus Christmas! If I didn't know better I'd think english was a second language for at least 1/4 of the people that have participated in this fiasco. If you're going to insult people and publicly call them out the least you can do is string together six words with proper punctuation so it makes sense. All of you internet tough guys could stand to pick up a book from time to time. Gain some civility and some perspective folks!

12. troutdopemagic

troutdopemagic Active Member

I like Puffy Jackets and Steelhead......

....and also people fighting on the internet.

Jerry Daschofsky and David Dalan like this.
  13. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Media:
    Those numbers represent wild fish escapement and are not to be confused with total run size. The numbers for total run size are larger. Information like this is freely available from WDFW. It takes a little digging on their website but it is there.

14. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Media:
    Help solve the overcrowding on the OP... open up the Skagit... send in the GoPro crowds to film those epic C&R battles.... and it's very possible the numbers will be:
    • 2044 - Escapement = 357
    • 2045 - Escapement = Steelhead on the Endangered Species List (thanks for playing, now go home)
    But, at least we'll have satisfied our narcissistic personal need to fish, film and post them. The following generations can find their own species to pillage.

sopflyfisher likes this.
  15. David Dalan

Media:
    Head mount all the way. Makes sure that the viewer gets vertigo/throws up from motions sickness. Seriously though it worked out better than I thought it would. I wish they had better battery life. I can store 5 hours od HD, but I am pretty sure after a little over 2 hours my battery was dead. But I may have had the WiFi on...still kind of new with this toy.

I hope you take my foul, though "not intentionally harmful" lip flapping for what it is.

I also am in a unique position that much of where I fish is either remote, private property or not intuitive when it comes to figuring out how/when to fish. Begin able to catch fish without an audience has spoiled me an, probably has lead to me being a touch unsympathetic. I do apologize for that. If I went to my favorite river and encountered 30 people in 3 hours of fishing, I'd be pretty pissed. And I'd probably bitch about it on some internet forum :)

16. sleestak240

sleestak240 Active Member

Home Page:
    And herein lies a perfect example of the plight that anglers/steelhead face today...instead of actually tackling meaningful and legitimate issues we have a real knack and passion for spending our time pettily bickering about who is more "hardcore", getting into internet tough-guy rants and bitching about which individual or user group has a more inherently legitimate right to utilize the resource.

Pretty disheartening when this thread has 2,200 views and 60 responses while this: http://washingtonflyfishing.com/for...-american-wild-steelhead-movie-trailer.86988/ has just over 200 and only 6 responses.

Brett Angel and Chris Johnson like this.
  17. Craig Pablo

Craig Pablo Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I'm heading to the OP later this month to fish. I'll rock my puffy jacket with pride if the weather calls for it. Meanwhile, I'll fish my home waters and when I fish the Bitterroot in the next month I'll watch the endless parade of drift boats being towed down hwy 93 behind Washington plated pickups. I'll watch them do the vehicular version of musical chairs, 3 or 4 guys jockeying for the last couple of empty parking spots at the launch. When I actually get up early to go float, I'll watch the guides try to get to the lauch first, then row like mad, actually trying to pass each other to get the best holes to have first fly, so their clients can get a genuine Montana grip and grin. Funny thing is, I'll actually treat them with respect. I won't give them the cold shoulder, I'll talk with them if they offer conversation. I'll tell them what fly is working. I certainly won't sink to the level of calling them names, especially the absolute ridiculous name thrown out in phister's post. How homophobic was that?
    It's a fact of life, Montana has better trout fishing than Washington. Washington has better steelhead fishing than Montana. Logically, Washington people are going to want to come to Montana to trout fish, and Montana people are going to want to go to Washington to steelhead fish. I suggest a little more tolerance would go along ways in making everyone's lives easier. Try it, you might be surprised :)

18. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Media:
    I didnt mean that as a personal attack, I apologize if it came across that way. I was merely commenting on David's quality rant.

David Dalan likes this.
  19. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Media:
    There aren't 6000 steelhead per mile. We are talking about total run sizes of less than 6000 for a 100 miles of river. Do I hate the Montana folks coming to fish? No. Do I hate the plentiful trout numbers mentality and the ignorant rudeness, absolutely. Considering how little is open now, any press regardless of the source isn't doing the resource any good. I understand that these writers need to make a living, and I *love* reading a lot of these works. But this isn't the era of Zane Grey, and jocking the very limited resource is pretty much putting a pig pile of folks on the last stronghold of steelhead in the state.

20. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

The end is near, we are fighting over the last steelhead, then it will be the last bull trout or searun cut or whatever....

Bob Triggs and sopflyfisher like this.