OP This Weekend

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Bryce Levin, Feb 21, 2013.

1. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Media:
    Curious that you used that term. This from Wikipedia:
    Since 2000, on psychological tests designed to detect narcissism, the scores of residents of the United States have continually increased. Psychologists have suggested a link to social networking.

So...I reckon we should all just quit talking to each other and everything will be fine! :)
    Who wants to go first?

2. Joepa

Joepa Joe from PA

Not me. If I wanted to catch trout, I would have moved to Montana. The OP experience as I've known it has largely been ruined for me, but I don't fault anyone from Montana for that. So come and bring your boats and join the fleet and wait in line to wet one; I'll leave my boat at home from now on and go old school.

Craig Pablo likes this.
  3. Craig Pablo

Craig Pablo Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    No offense taken sopflyfisher. For clarification I am not complaining, merely pointing out a different view regarding crowds from other states. It's a simple fact of life that we all have to live with whether we like it or not, all complaining about it will accomplish is diminished enjoyment. Just my .02. As for my blogs, 99% of the areas I write about are no secrets, and the few secret spots I write about I don't name and are not that great of spots anyway. Besides, I mostly write about the overall experience rather than the quality of fishing, in fact many of my trips are rather forgettable in regards to numbers and size of fish caught. :)

4. Craig Pablo

Media:
    Home Page:
    James,

Regardless of what perceptions may be out there, very, very few rivers in Montana can boast anywhere near 6,000 fish per mile. In fact I'll allow only two (the Missouri and that is only in the short section from the dam to Craig, and the Beaverhead in the short section below Clark Canyon) even approach that number. The overwhelming majority of rivers in the state fall way short of half that number. I"m not complaining, just clarifying. Is the trout fishing still great in Montana? Absolutely. As for the rudeness, unfortunately that is found everywhere, I offer no excuse for anyone from Montana for that. Having said that, there are plenty of rude people from outside that fish here as well....

5. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Media:
    Fine, we can go with 1000 trout per mile (Yakima numbers) :) Rudeness is found everywhere, but local traditions really should be respected regardless. Just because you're visiting your neighbor doesn't mean you get to shit in their living room. :)

PT likes this.
  6. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Media:
    I'll have you know that I make it a point to secretly shit in every living room possible!

Wait, what?

7. olypenjeeper

olypenjeeper Active Member

I just got back from 2 days of fishing and seeing the in-laws in Forks, Monday was beautiful, hit the Bogey hard, no luck but did run into about 6 other people on remote gravel bars 3 miles up trail. They just kept popping out of the woods, haven't seen that before up there. Ran into the "Goat Lady" that's what we nicknamed her anyways, walking down a gravel road with about 10 goats and a few dogs, looking WEIRD. I seen alot of weird stuff around there, but that is in my top 5 now.

All in all it was a good trip, my first time back winter steelheading the west end in 4 years. And I was really surprised how many people were I saw on a weekday. Several trucks on the Hoh with Montana plates, Idaho plates etc... But I've got Oregon plates now on my truck, so they were prolly saying the same thing aout me too.

Brookie_Hunter likes this.
  8. Craig Pablo

Media:
    Home Page:
    lol, ok. Well I'm still going to invade the OP later this month and have no plans to defecate in your living room. Unless you consider me wearing my puffy jacket and flat-brimmed cap as pooping on your porch :)

9. Jumbo

Jumbo Member

don't you guys understand that the internet is the problem? shut your mouths and go fish.

Mike T likes this.
  10. Craig Pablo

Media:
    Home Page:
    LMAO! you sir, are the definition of irony. Oh yeah, btw, I spent approximately 100 days on the water last year.