Open Seat: Edmonds Wednesday Afternoon

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by PT, Aug 27, 2013.

1. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +648 / 1
    Planning on fishing out of Edmonds tomorrow afternoon. 1 or 2 humpy trips a year is about all I can handle... ;) If you can chip in for gas, great. If not, great. Maybe run to Bush Pt or just fish closer.
    Irafly likes this.
  2. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +878 / 1
    PM sent.
  3. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Thanks to Irafly and my buddy Jack for one of them outings..... They did all the hard work by hooking up first so I knew there were fish around. Then I could just plop my stuff out there and be on the back end of the double or triple. Had a few triples, lots of doubles and enough singles so nobody knew how many we actually landed. I can legitimately claim to have caught the first fish without even making a cast....

Good times and thanks again!

another.JPG
    Irafly, troutpocket, McNasty and 4 others like this.
  4. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +948 / 4
    Awesome!! Ira is gonna turn into a salt addict yet!

God I can't wait till my boat is out of the shop.
  5. mtskibum16 Active Member

Puget Sound Beaches
    Ratings: +191 / 0
    Ugh, wish I would have seen this! Sounds like a great time!

Fix your boat so we can go chase some pinks Nick!
  6. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,470 / 2
    Love to get back out there with you sometime. Had a great time last year. Been taking myself out on my uncle's boat mostly this year, but as the season wears on, he's using it more, so my opportunities are becoming less.
  7. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    I'm thinking about a trip to Neah Bay in the next couple weeks. Wouldn't mind a couple WFF'ers meeting me out there. After all, someone needs to pay that ferry fare.

Weather played a big roll as did a bunch of fish coming thru. The jumpers always show themselves but the finners were out in full force. Wouldn't have spotted the numbers we did if it had been choppy.
  8. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,470 / 2
    Man, a second Neah Bay run this year would be excellent. Not sure my bank acct. would support such an outing. I'll have to look in to it.
  9. Nick Clayton Active Member

Let me know if a trip to NB gets going . I just picked up a 19' Arima that, while in the shop at the moment, would love to head up there and could definitely have an open seat or two as well
  10. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +878 / 1
    PT's first fish was just wild. He hadn't even yet pulled the actual fly line out of his guides and had just set his fly in the water to pull line out when a Pink showed up and investigated his fly right at the boat. He noticed it and dropped the fly a bit and the fish inhaled it! Awesome to watch, just awesome. After that, I landed 4 fish that I watched eat the fly, very cool stuff. We hooked most of our fish by moving around finding concentrations of fish and casting into them, but the odd blind cast fish kept me casting.

I was a bit hoarse by the end of the trip from all my whooping and hollering. I think that some of the gear guys thought we were a bit off our rockers. Really, it was mostly just me. I also think we did far better than the gear guys based on our observations.

Yes Nick I could see myself becoming a bit obsessed.
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  11. ten80 Active Member

Bothell, WA
    Ratings: +84 / 0
    Chasing and sight-fishing pinks sure beats trolling for them and flies certainly seem to be more effective than most hardware, with twitching jigs coming in at a close second. Evan and I had a blast doing just that off Whidbey last Saturday.

PT- I work right next to the ferry terminal and am always game to fish, plus I bring good food (steak, venison, jerky, chocolate, etc) and am not shy with gas money :)
    PT likes this.
  12. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +446 / 0
    The best fishing starts after the begining of the school year... the best is yet to come!!!!
  13. Nick Clayton Active Member

I would think that this wouldn't be good news..... To those out there who happen to be school teachers ;)
    Kcahill, Irafly and troutpocket like this.
  14. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +371 / 0
    So who do I need to give some beer to to get on one of these boat things?