Open seat for lings 5/1

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Nick Clayton, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,231 / 4
    I am planning to head out on the opener for my first shot at chasing lings. It occurs to me that I will have plenty of room for another if someone wants to come along. I plan to launch fairly early Thursday, most likely at Salsbury, but possibly at Kingston, with no real set time to return. I will be bringing my gear rods as well as my new 10 wt all spooled up with T-17 and some huge flies. No promises of success, but it will be a fun adventure nonetheless! So if anyone wants to team up and go have some fun shoot me a message and we can work out the details.
  2. Steve Knapp Beach Bum

Maple Valley
    Ratings: +260 / 3
    Killing me Nick! Normally I would jump at it, but work is going to continue screwing me up this season, I can already tell.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  3. Bagman Active Member

Poulsbo WA
    Ratings: +86 / 0
    Well Nick if the offer still stands after tomorrow I would enjoy trying for some ling's with you.
    Nick Clayton likes this.
  4. Blktailhunter Active Member

Bainbridge Island, WA
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    Fowl weather bluff has some decent ling fishing, especially if you use live bullheads or sanddabs. The best spot that has a TON of monsters lings is the old rubble pile just north of the Hood Canal bridge. Unfortunately that area is perpetually closed to ling fishing. :(
    Nick Clayton likes this.
  5. Nick Clayton Active Member

Seat has been filled. Bagman and I will be going on a ling adventure tomorrow. I cant wait!
    Alexander likes this.
  6. Jay C Active Member

Kenmore, Washington
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Hope to see you guys out there! If you do not remember I have a white Northriver, and the canvas top will be up to keep from getting fried tomorrow.
  7. Nick Clayton Active Member

Jay, we are headed to where you are so we will be looking for you. I hope we can hook up! I'm not sure exactly what time we'll make it up there, but our plan is to find you. I'll be on channel 68.

We're bringing fly rods and gear rods, so we'll throw the kitchen sink at em. I picked up some jigs, as well as stuff to fish live bait if I can catch any.

Anyway, hope to see you tomorrow Jay! We'll be in my Arima, most likely will keep the top down as it will make it a bit easier to fly fish... But as warm as it will be the shade would be nice too.