Open seat Saturday...

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Nick Clayton, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Media:
    Thinking about taking my 15' smokercraft out Saturday to avoid the crowds. I haven't decided where to fish just yet... Could stay in area 9 for silvers/pinks, could go south towards the Puyallup and see if any pinks are showing up down there yet. I'm open to just about anything as long as the weather holds. I'm down to fly fish, or gear fish, or both. Anyway, my son or wife usual come with but neither can this time and I'd prefer not to go out solo. I fished Sekiu solo on Sunday and it was a bit skechy being out there in the fog in a small boat.

Anyway, if you're down to figure something out and chase some salmon hit me up. No rules in my boat other than no whining. Booze, smoke... I don't care. Just no whining to be taken to shore if the fishing is slow or its raining. My boat's nothing fancy, but it fishes two easily as long as the water doesn't get too crazy.

2. bigdood

bigdood fishing hack

Media:
    Home Page:
    Damn, would be sooo in (especially because I've been eyeing a Smoker/Duro type boat) but have a wedding this weekend. If you're solo on the following weekend ....

3. Chris Selvar

Chris Selvar Member

I am looking to go salmon fishing saturday morning, was going to go around the bainbridge area... how ever early to about 12 or 1, never tried from a boat, done the beach only twice so experince isnt high but i'd love to try. PM me if your interested

4. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

Media:
    Hey Nick, I am on vacation from now until Labor Day. If an open seat for fly fishing arises again, shoot me a PM. I am a die-hard fisherman(all weather, dawn to dusk). And... a considerate guest!;) Hopefully, my behavior rises well above the conditional bar Evan sometimes sets in his posted invites: "Must not be a dick."

5. nwtroutguy

nwtroutguy The Tug Is The Drug

pm sent

6. Nick Clayton

Media:
    It looks like the seat is taken at this point. Keith PMed within minutes. I most likely will do a repeat on Sunday, so I may have another seat.

Big.... I fish all the time, so if you'd like to go out sometime just message me if you have a free weekend day sometime. Greg, I'll definitely keep you in mind. There will be lots of fishing between now and Labor day!

7. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Darn. I've never fished the sound from a boat sounds like fun.

8. Tony James

Tony James Member

Just pulled the Kayak out of the water at DP. Tons of flingers, limited finners _ I only saw about 5 or 6 fish taken by the gear guys & gals. They seemed a bit on the small side too (the finners, not the flingers ;) ). IMHO this area hasn't turned completely on yet . . . well, the seaweed crop is doing exceptionally well this year. There was a line of cars waiting for the coveted parking spots - timing is everything!

9. bigdood

bigdood fishing hack

Media:
    Home Page:
    Right on. Outside of this weekend I've basically freed up my weekend schedule to dedicate to getting my first (and hopefully second...and third...and fourth) salmon on the fly

Thomas Williams likes this.
  10. ten80

ten80 Active Member

Ditto. Fished out of Des Moines yesterday afternoon in a boat and there were very few jumpers around and the three of us only hooked 6 fish (landing 3) in four hours. Other boats hooked even fewer fish. Save gas and catch more fish (and possibly some Coho) by staying in Area 9!

11. Nick Clayton

Media:
    I don't really have the words to describe the day Keith and I had.

Great fishing with you man. I wont be forgetting this one.

2013-08-10_17-12-35_952.jpg

ten80, Tacoma Red, DimeBrite and 4 others like this.
  12. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

A good time for sure, my first big coho on a popper and some crazy acting fish. I wont soon forget bringing in a nice silver with 3 or 4 large fish following him around!

13. Nate Buchanan

Nate Buchanan Member

I am with you on avoiding the crowds...next trip I'm taking out the supercat, should get me deep enough to find silver not pink ;)