"open spot" for rufus woods trip sunday

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Evan Burck, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,615 / 2
    Since there's no river fishing any time soon over here;

Takin a trip to Rufus Woods, leaving late saturday or just after midnight on sunday morning (want to get there at daybreak). Taking my F-150 with two of us in there. There's the middle seat open if you're willing to brave that seat. Idea behind this is to split the gas 3 ways. We are taking our pontoons and can fit a third in the back if they are deflated. Float tubes are good too, and if you have neither, I have a raft you can use.

A more ideal situation would be if someone with a truck with a backseat, or SUV wanted to drive and split the gas with us.

If you fall into any of these categories, let me know. We're going regardless, just seeing if there's a more economical way to do the trip.
  2. EMPyre Erich with an H -Top Water Soldier-

Bothell, Wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I saw your stillwater thread, and your weekend plans thread and put two and two together. I thought you might be going that way again and almost sent a PM. If it was Sat. I'd be down, even sqeezing my big ass into the bitch seat. Oh well good luck.
  3. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    bump

plan is to leave late saturday, hang out and drink beer for a while, then camp out in the vehicle/s til sun up. it'll be a good time
  4. MasterAnglerTaylor Member

Poulsbo/Pullman, WA
    Looks like im gonna leave tomorrow and make it there right before sunset. Camp out then hit the water earlllyyy. We will try to leave you guys fish....i dont know though.:beer1:
  5. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    i appreciate that!

however, the entourage of fishing buddies i had lined up to do this trip all bailed on me. bawling: guess i can just sit and hope our rivers drop some more around here
  6. Dustin Bise Active Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    damn ive been wanting to fish that are but i have no boat. i was hopin u were gonna say u were taking a boat and had an extra seat in that, in which case i would have offered to meet u at the put in and bring some beers.
  7. Stewart Skunk Happens

Spokane
    Ratings: +48 / 0
    This morning's newspaper said that Rufus is seeing good action with big fishies. Sounds like fun, but Silver Mountain is opening.
  8. Methow Member

Twisp, Wa.
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    Don't need a boat to fish Rufus. Just need to know where the wadable water is.
  9. Steven Green Hood Canal Pirate

Poulsbo, Washington
    beware of wind! Just got back from rufus today, impossible to launch any kind of float tube/pontoon with any amount of success. After an hour or so I ended up hitting rocky ford instead.