Open Tyers Table at AATF

Discussion in 'Events' started by FlyShopKristin, Aug 12, 2005.

1. FlyShopKristin Going Online

Monroe, Wa, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    When: Tuesday, August 16

What: Open Tyers table - 6:00 - 9:00 PM

Where: All About the Fly : www.allaboutthefly.com

This is a great event for tyers at all skill levels. You can get a questions answered, get some tying in or watch a demo.

Jabs - I'll have the dubbing brush twister going...maybe we can hold remedial dubbing brush class for ya!! :thumb:
  2. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +68 / 0
    Count me in!
  3. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    Ratings: +3 / 0

Oh Yeah.. Indeed. However the other “sparse” brushes did perform well and did entice a few healthy bows. I'll be there :thumb:
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,652 / 0
    I'll be there also as I need some help on Stimulators. I get it all just fine until I get to the wing and head and then I fall apart.

Jim
  5. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,652 / 0
    Hey I think that I fixed my own problem. My last two really look good. So good that I left one of them in the bushes on the upper ______. Well back to my very cluttered bench for another round of tying them up.

Jim
  6. jabseattle jabs

Desert Dweller
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    So what did I miss? tonight I had to prepare for tomorrow's chelan trip
  7. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +68 / 0
    I had to back out too... Too much to get done and not enough time to do it before I head down to Baja on Saturday.
  8. FlyShopKristin Going Online

Monroe, Wa, USA.
    I had a great time, hope everyone else did too. You missed Tom Grobelny's daughter - she's a little fly tying phenom! Jabs - She made a dubbing brush that would have made you bawling:. She tied up a spring creek special like she;s been tying them for years after watching Yard's demo.

Nice to see everyone, seemed like everyone learned something new, whether it was a tying technique, fishing knots, barnacle fast-facts :rofl: ..

hope to see you next time - have a great time in Chelan & MX!
  9. Tom Grobelny Member

Snohomish, WA
    I want to thank Kristen and Chris. Alexa had a blast and is already working on me to bring her when you are tying Spey flies!

Seriously, it was a ton of fun and you really made both of us feel welcome, Which is sometimes not an easy task when my daughter is out of her element and surrounded by new adults. We will defiantly be coming to more of your events.

Tom G