Opening Day

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Tony the Trout, Apr 22, 2008.

1. gator7354 Member

Greenacres, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Medical in AM and West Medical in the afternoon.
  2. Tony the Trout Member

Seattle,WA
    I will be fishing out of a blue fishcat, 2 buddies with me using float tubes. I have fished that lake a fair amount, so if you're struggling don't be afraid to ask for pointers. Stockers in there aren't very picky. A good place to start is a red carey or spratley #10. Lots of action on the fly should result in lots of action for you:thumb:
    Good luck
    Tony
  3. seatownbrock Still in the 206.....

Burien, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I will be out at rattlesnake as well. Blue Outcast pontoon, cooler on the back. Stop by for a beverage if you see me! :beer2:
  4. Curtis New Member

Bothell
    I will be visiting the snake as well. I will be in a little white fiberglass boat with my grandpa. My brother Jason and I just finished refinishing the boat, so will be POPPING ITS CHERRY!!!!
  5. SightCast6X americanshotgunner.com

Kirkland, WA, USA.
    I'll be on Rattlesnake on Sunday in a Clacka with a Minn Kota trolling motor on the back. Red Tan white. Jet Boiling some coffee and hangin out.

:thumb:
  6. Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Washington
    Ratings: +53 / 0
    I should be there as well if the boss lets me. Green Canoe with a cooler of beer and a golden retriever. :beer2: Float by and grab a cold one. :thumb:
  7. HauntedByWaters Active Member

Bellingham
    Ratings: +103 / 0
    That is my plan. I got a foot with a torn ligament so I was going to sit in a nice chair and fish with powerbait.

Just hearing the Russians cuss at each other should be interesting enough to make it worth while . :beer2:
  8. Quan Super Fat Cat Float Tuber

Bellingham, WA
    I'll be at Padden as well in my Porta-Bote drinkin' beers and givin' the lady a chance to catch some easy fish to throw on the 'cue. :beer2::beer1:
  9. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +495 / 2
    I'm for sure going to roll up there to take a look at the zoo. I doubt I'll get a line wet though.
  10. Dustin Bise Active Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    ill be at fish lake in my float tube.
  11. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Ratings: +14 / 0
    I took the family for a little hike today around Rattlesnake today and there were plenty of fish rising and cruising around. I also noticed the lake is extremely low and no one was poaching!
  12. Jim Hewitt Member

Bellevue, Wa
    Thanks for the tips Tony.
    I'll look for you guys. I'm in a blue Southfork. I'm looking forward to this and hoping to catch my first fish on a fly rod. :thumb: See you all there Sunday.
  13. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +402 / 0
    Might have to zip up to rattlesnake after work on monday; we used to hike the cliff fairly often, haven't been much since they built the new park a few years back.
  14. Ethan G. I do science.. on fish..

Ellensburg, WA
    Well, I had a successful opener. I caught a few big triploids, as well as one smaller one. Kept one for the grill, too. Mmmm, fresh trout.

How'd everyone else do?
    -Ethan
  15. Paul Stavig Member

Woodinville, WA
    Went to Cottage Lake with my 7 y.o. daughter to fish off the dock. Tough and probably dangerous to bring 2 people (even when one is little) out on a pontoon boat, so I resigned myself to fishing with the baitchucking masses.ptyd We had fun with bobbers and worms and snacks and LOTS of questions. At the end of the day, fishing was pretty slow for most everyone we saw, but my little girl caught her first rainbow trout. It was a success.:D
  16. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +539 / 0
    Went late to a lake I like, launching at about 5:30pm, and made it through all the boats and hatchery stockers to the far end of the lake, where its shallow and a feeder creek comes in, and my first fish was an 11" wild Coastal Cutthroat!

Doesn't start out much better than that! Watched another angler battling a big triploid, and it was a great jumper...got some hoots from the other nearby boats.

No big ones to hand. Biggest was a nearly 14" skinny looking hatchery bow...looked more like a bright steelhead smolt than a triploid. I bonked her for din-din, the only one I took home. She had small but healthy looking egg skeins starting to develop, and the only fin clipped was the adipose.
  17. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +402 / 0
    We had prior commitments yesterday, so our opening day was this morning on lake wilderness. Overall it was a success with my little girl bringing in a few fish, and I even got to witness some poor guy rolling his boat in the middle of the lake a little after 6am. GOOD MORNING!! :rofl::rofl:

didn't have a chance to break the fly rod out, though I saw a few people out trolling around.
  18. P-FITZ98 Member

Spokane, WA
    Hit a N.E. area C&R lake that was great.Only 3 other people there.Its flyfishing only, we were in 'tubes and I lost count around 20-something.Caught fish all day on a type 3 sink with leaches and all the norm.Tied on a dragon nymph and caugth 3 in a row.:thumb:
  19. Quan Super Fat Cat Float Tuber

Bellingham, WA
    Went out to Padden and just fished the boat launch (where they probably dumped all the fish in) and 3 out of the 4 on my boat limited out within 1 hour. All 12-15 inchers. I limited out on the fly rod with a wooly bugger within 10-15 minutes. I started C&R'ing on my 4th. My buddy who thinks fly fishing is a waste of time, only caught 1 the whole time. I have outfished him 100% for two months now in a heads up spin casting vs fly fishing contest, yet he still is not a believer. Oh well. =)

Anyway, brought those trout home and smoked 'em up. Yum!
  20. Rocket Red Vegetarian Cannibal

Elma
    Went fishing with my Dad and oldest Daughter Ella. It was her first time getting up early and going with me. It was awesome having her along, she just turned 5 and she made it 4 hours which surprised both me and my Dad. She was bummed when we let the first big triploid go and vowed from that point on to reel in all the big fish and decide their fate for them. Luckily for the fish she only landed one more big one. We got lots of the little ones, but it was way slower than it should be. Probably due to the cold weather I bet it will fish better as it gets warmer.

I think we were in the same place Jim Wallace went (BTW Jim I sent you a PM last week).

Here's some pics.

Reelin' one in.

[IMG]

"We are keeping this one"

[IMG]