Opening Day

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by ptphisher, Jul 1, 2013.

1. ptphisher Member

Bremerton, Washington
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Well, like many I would assume I am not out fishing because I am at work, for those of you that were able to get out how was it?
  2. porterHause Just call me Jon

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +177 / 0
    I didn't get out, but a buddy of mine has informed me that "everybody was doing well" at a certain MA-9 beach.
  3. mtskibum16 Active Member

Puget Sound Beaches
    Ratings: +280 / 0
    Wasn't the beach I was at. Good conditions and a few jumpers out further but otherwise no fish present or willing where I was.
  4. porterHause Just call me Jon

Seattle, WA
    I've been wondering wtf my buddy has been talking about...seems too early for anything pink. Initially I thought resident coho...then I got a text this AM.

Second hand report:

Same MA-9 beach saw a couple successful anglers, and a visit from the game warden. He apparently walked the beach checking licenses and hooks, and gave anglers the species identification talk. The jumpers in this area, and those being caught are CHUM salmon. These I believe are the ESA listed summer run chum. Be nice to them.
    Nicolas Eckhardt likes this.
  5. DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Marine Area 9
    Ratings: +399 / 0
    Could be summer chum traveling to the KillScene? That's on Hood Canal though.

6. mtskibum16 Active Member

Puget Sound Beaches
    Ratings: +280 / 0
    Seems odd there would be good numbers of summer chum being caught off the beach. What do I know though? We saw good sized jumpers monday - bigger than ressies and I'm assuming they were pinks or early coho? Hard to tell though.
  7. porterHause Just call me Jon

Seattle, WA
    This info came from the game warden, so I'm assuming he knows what he's about. IDK though.