Oregon coast range cutthroat trout (video)

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by Brandon4455, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Brandon4455

Brandon4455 Bobber Down!

Last year my friend saved his money and bought a new camera and equipment since we wanted to try making some fly fishing films.My friend sam films,and i fish..it has been great so far,he is very very talented behind the camera..This was our first attempt at a video on some resident cutties up in the mountains on a small stream loaded with fish. Let me know what you all think! Right now we are working on a small stream wild steelhead film and i will post that when the season is over,should blow the trout one out of the water

NutJobRob likes this.
  2. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Media:
    Nice! Makes me want to small stream fishing in Oregon when I am visiting family down there this summer.

What camera was he using?

3. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Media:
    Great job, looking forward to the next one :)

4. Brandon4455

Brandon4455 Bobber Down!

thanks! he used a Canon Sx 40 hs for all dry land shots, and a GoPro Hero 2 for all under water and time-lapse.

5. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Media:
    Cool. Thanks.

Overall, a good video. Well laid out as far as "storyboarding" establishing and other "non fishing" shots. People underestimate how much of that is critical to making a watchable film.

I would tell him to be careful with the effects button. Perhaps I am wrong, but some of that stuff looked like post or "in camera" effects processing. A little of that can be really neat, just a little too much can be WAY too much though.

Brandon4455 likes this.
  6. Brandon4455

Brandon4455 Bobber Down!

i don't think he used any "special effects" or anything like that,but thank you for the advice i will pass that on to him.He is always looking for ways to improve.

7. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Media:
    And I may very well be wrong. It's just something that flashed through my head when watching it. More a warning for the future (if he was using them) than anything wrong with this particular video.