Oregon late goose season

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by D3Smartie, Feb 26, 2008.

1. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

Had a great time down in oregon during the late goose season. Those cacklers sure are fun to watch and are really a unique bird. Its a fun type of goose hunting. got to hunt 2 weekends and it was a unique hunt each time. 3 Good days and a tough one, but it was always fun.
    Here are a couple pics :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

What do ya do with all that goose meat?
    Or should I say how do you cook your goose?

3. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

The best way to have it IMO is on the grill. Marinate the breasts in red wine, oil and a little garlic, perhaps add a little worchestershire(sp?) sauce call it good.
    Cook it hot and fast, and dont over cook it. Bloody is good!

4. Doucet

Doucet New Member

Wow that looks like it was a blast!!! I cant wit till next season comes around!!! Nice job!!!

5. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

That sounds good, but I'm not sure I like bloody.
    I have found that the long range migrating geese are better tasting than the local park geese.
    Also found that cooking ducks or geese the same day as killed is better.
    " I can't wait till next season" Ya me too!!!! And the dogs can't wait either.

6. DuckHntr

DuckHntr New Member

Looks like you had fun. Kinda wish we had a late goose season or an early teal for that matter. I guess early goose will have to do.

7. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Goose hunting should be year round in my opinion. I'd love to set up a pit blind on a golf course during summer months.

8. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

why even bother with the pit? just sit in the little food/beverage cart :)
    the resident goose population is sure getting out of control.

9. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Yeah, but with a pit blind you could also surprise the crap out of the golfers...