Orvis Battenkill VI Large Arbor Reel

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by willieboat, Dec 11, 2004.

1. willieboat Member

Lacey, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Reel is in excellent condition, no dings, scratches or dents. Purchased this summer. Used as a spey reel. Asking $140, if interested in the Rio Windcutter 10/11. $110 without line.

Email: drb9158@hotmail.com

Don
  2. Dave Westburg Member

Kirkland, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    I can't find a Battenkill VI large arbor reel at the Orvis Web site. Is this a Battenkill V large arbor reel rated for 7-9 weight lines?
  3. willieboat Member

Lacey, WA
    Yes sir.

Don
  4. spey fly New Member

Where are you located? I may want to buy the reel after I get paid on Wednesday. What is the diameter of the reel.
  5. Dave Westburg Member

Kirkland, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    Willie Boat, I'll buy the reel is Spey Fly doesn't want it.
  6. willieboat Member

Lacey, WA
    Dave,
    I just went to the Orvis website. They rate this reel for weights 6 thru 8. When I first saw the reel, I thought that it would be great as a spey reel due to it's large size. It worked great as a spey reel. Although I used it with a Windcutter line, I could only put around 70 yards of backing on it. But since I only ever catch hatchery SH, they seldom show you backing. Has a great drag system.

Don
  7. Denny Active Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +46 / 0
    Dave, per our discussion and agreement, I sent you the dinero just before Christmas, but the envelope returned about 10 days later ("return to sender"). I double-checked your mailing address with the telephone directory service, and I have the correct address. I called and left you a message, left you an email, with no response.

What's up? If the reel isn't available any more, whether you have changed your mind or sold it to someone else, would you please note so on this ad so myself and everyone else will know?

Thanks!

Richard
  8. willieboat Member

Lacey, WA
    Hi Richard,
    My hotmail address is kaput. Still unable to access it. I emailed you at least two weeks ago notifying you that I had sold the reel, and that I'd be sending your check by to you. Sorry about the mixup.

Don