Orvis Days and Pro Guide Wader Sale

Discussion in 'Events' started by miyawaki, Apr 14, 2006.

1. This spring, Orvis Days will April 28 – May 7. There will be seminars on both Saturdays featuring the famous Salmon Burgers from The Slip and Casting Analysis by Don Simonson on the Sundays.

On Friday, April 28 through Sunday, the 30th only, our regular $289 top of the line Pro Guide waders will be on sale for only $150. Guys, this is your chance to get into one of the best waders on the market today for almost half off!

Schedule:

Saturday, April 29

11:30 – 12:30 Outdoor and Wildlife Photography
    Join professional photographers Earl Harper and Ed Sozinho as they teach you all about composition, lighting and cropping as well as the essential aesthetics of outdoor, nature and fish photography.

1:00 – 2:00 Hiking the Cascades for Trout.
    Pete Baird will talk about the best times to hike and camp in the high country to flyfish for hungry trout. You’ll learn which flies are hot and when to use them and, just maybe, a few secret secluded places to cast them.

2:30 – 3:30 How the Hoh River Trust is saving the Hoh.
    The Hoh River trust is working to preserve one of the last great American rivers. The Hoh River on the Olympic Peninsula is an important sanctuary for threatened wild steelhead and salmon. The photographs of the river and rainforest are truly awe-inspiring and a must-see for the whole family.

Sunday, April 30

1:00 – 4:00 Casting Analysis
    Are you getting the most out of your casts? Do you want to improve your accuracy? Is your double haul getting you the distance you want? How are your curve, reach and tuck casts? FFF certified casting instructor, Don Simonson will be here to help you become a better caster. Don will watch you cast, analyze your mechanics, show you your mistakes (let’s face it, we all got ‘em) and what you can do to fix them.

Saturday, May 6

11:30 – 12:30 Meet the Northwest Women Flyfishers.
    The NWFF will present a program on their club history, club outings and environmental activities as well their involvement with Casting for Recovery.

1:00 – 2:00 Fly Fishing Puget Sound
    Leland Miyawaki and Roger Stephens will will talk about coastal cutthroat – from their habitat and life histories to the most productive flies, techniques and tackle – always with a deep sense of responsibility towards the future of these great fish. Roger will bring his boat and will focus on boat fishing and Leland will concentrate on beach fishing with his popper.

2:30 – 3:30 "Why we need wild steelhead" – The Wild Steelhead Coalition
    The steelhead trout is our state fish as well as a game fish known around the world for it’s fighting capabilities. Rich Simms is the President of The Wild Steelhead Coalition who are in the forefront of our fight to bring back the once great runs of Wild Steelhead to the rivers of Washington.

Sunday, May 7
    1:00 – 4:00 Casting Analysis with Don Simonson

Thanks,
    Leland

2. Leland,

Do you have any med kings in stock? How does it work will I have to order them on the day of the sale? I am wanting them as a back up pair.

Thanks Rick

3. You can take your chances on us having them in stock during the sale or you can come in during the next few days, find your size and let us order a pair.

Leland.

4. Leland,

I will need a pair in Med. King size?

Thanks Rick

5. Call the shop today at (425) 452-9138. Med King is not the way our waders are sized.

Thanks,
    Leland.

6. Leland, is this the event that Roger Stephens will be showing his boat at this coming saturday?

7. Bob,

Yes, Roger and I will be speaking at 1pm. Also, Steve Rohrbach will be tying some of his awesome epoxy head saltwater flies. If you're in the neighborhood, I could use a dozen Chum Babies.

Leland.