Orvis Grand Re-Opening

Discussion in 'Events' started by miyawaki, Sep 4, 2008.

1. We will be having a three-day bacchanalian celebration, September 19-21, in our brand new store.

Each day, we'll have our famous "$25 OFF $50 Purchase" coupons, free giveaways to the first 100 customers through the door, and a $1000 shopping spree raffle.

On Friday, from 4PM - 8PM, we'll have free hors d'oeuvres and refreshments.

On Saturday, "THE REALLY BIG DAY" we'll have acoustic bluesman, Keith Scott, direct from Chicago's House of Blues; a Scotch Whisky tasting with tapas from our friends at Moet Hennessy; a seminar by "Poppy," the owner of the famous "Redshed" speyshop in Peck, Idaho and his buddy, Michael J. Mathis, Clearwater steelhead aficionado and guide; and Canine Companions for Independence will showcase their highly trained dogs that assist adults and children with disabilities.

On Sunday, Moss Bay Catering will be serving brunch as we screen "A River Runs Through It" for the 345th time; John Olson and Craig Koeppler, both FFF Certified Instructors, will be giving casting instruction; and for intermediate and advanced flycastors, Pat Peterman will use the Scientific American Casting Analyzer to analyze your casting stroke.

It's going to be a grand 3-day party! See you there!

Leland.
    Orvis Bellevue
    10223 NE 10th (a very long backcast from our old store)
    (425) 452-9138

2. That Keith Scott guy has it all wrong.

3. But can you sing?

Leland.

4. Hey Leland,
    Never been to a Orvis store. Is the coupon something you have to use another time, or is it an in store coupon?

5. The coupon is good 9/19 - 9/30. Come saturday for the big party, I'd like to meet you.

Leland.

6. I just might head that direction Saturday. Sounds like a big weekend.

7. Darn Leland. I'll be in Idaho catching BIG rainbows on drys! :D

8. That's why I have my events on weekends so I can spend weekdays catching BIG steelhead in Idaho on dries.

Leland.

9. Leland puts on a great shindig, the best of any other shop in town! Probably the Northwest!

A "shouldn't miss" event (well, unless maybe you're fishing).

10. But Leland, I'll be there for almost 3 weeks! :D

11. Oh man!! That is sooo cruel & nasty, Larry :rolleyes:.....imagine you'll be posting lots 'n lots uh pictures, huh?:thumb:

Jc....ptyd

12. Dang .. and me out of town in Calgary .. hopefully getting some time on the Bow ....

13. I'd save you some Glenmorangie but . . .

Leland.

14. I think the better question is do you sound good when you sing? In that case the answer is no... bawling:

I missed the event on Friday, my wife drug me to phantom of the opera. I need to make it over to the store one of these days, I hear they have some poppers or something that's supposed to work really well on the beaches.

15. The event is THIS Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You didn't miss anything.

Here is the original posting:

We will be having a three-day bacchanalian celebration, September 19-21, in our brand new store.

Each day, we'll have our famous "$25 OFF $50 Purchase" coupons, free giveaways to the first 100 customers through the door, and a $1000 shopping spree raffle.

On Friday, from 4PM - 8PM, we'll have free hors d'oeuvres and refreshments.

On Saturday, "THE REALLY BIG DAY" we'll have acoustic bluesman, Keith Scott, direct from Chicago's House of Blues; a Scotch Whisky tasting with tapas from our friends at Moet Hennessy; a seminar by "Poppy," the owner of the famous "Redshed" speyshop in Peck, Idaho and his buddy, Michael J. Mathis, Clearwater steelhead aficionado and guide; and Canine Companions for Independence will showcase their highly trained dogs that assist adults and children with disabilities.

On Sunday, Moss Bay Catering will be serving brunch as we screen "A River Runs Through It" for the 345th time; John Olson and Craig Koeppler, both FFF Certified Instructors, will be giving casting instruction; and for intermediate and advanced flycastors, Pat Peterman will use the Scientific American Casting Analyzer to analyze your casting stroke.

It's going to be a grand 3-day party! See you there!

Leland.
    Orvis Bellevue
    10223 NE 10th (a very long backcast from our old store)
    (425) 452-9138

16. Scott,

The other Scott, Keith Scott, that is, is a no show, but local bluesman, Ryan Harder will sing and play. Maybe you should plan on singing.

See you,
    Leland.

17. Is there ample parking at the store?

18. Leland, do you have a time table for events like Poppy's seminar yet?

19. Poppy and Mathis will be on at 1PM.

Leland.

20. You made my day! I totally thought I had missed it. I will make sure to be there. I would sing but since you probably want to keep your customers there.... it might not be a good idea.

Scott