Orvis VIP Party

Discussion in 'Events' started by miyawaki, Dec 16, 2009.

1. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +880 / 1
    Thursday evening at 6:30-8:30PM, we're hosting an invitation only VIP party at the Orvis Bellevue store. We're having food, booze, sales, free reels with rod purchase, and a book signing by Kirk Werner, author/illustrator of "Olive, The Wooly Bugger" series of children's books.

NOTE: All of you on the board that requested invitations and sent me mailing addresses should have received them. Make sure you come. There will be a very special gift for you at the door.

See you,
    Leland.
  2. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Leland, I'm sure a good time was had by all who were there. I had planed to be there but had some family problems and and had to cancel my plans. Sorry I couldn't make it. Hope to see you on a beach or river some time. Bob
  3. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +449 / 1
    Had a great time seeing Bill, Steve and Derek. Thanks for a fun event, Leland. Walked away with some nice steelhead flies that I'll use for casting practice this winter.
  4. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +880 / 1
    It was a great time. It was a terrific party. It was good to see you guys. The food was good. We didn't run out of Glenlivet or Jameson whisky.
    But the best part was that we gave a $25 gift card to everyone.

Here's Itchy Dog doing his thing

Leland.
  5. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

I did my part to make sure the booze ran out, but fell short I guess! Thanks for the gift card, great food and whiskey! Picked up Ed Wards new video and Itchy's third book.

Happy Holidays! :beer1:
  6. BruceAC Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Leland
    thank you for the Gift Card and hosting a terrific event with exceptional food, drink and hospitality.
    ORVIS is fortunate to have you with them.
  7. Steffan Brown ...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +64 / 0
    I too would like to echo the sentiments from everyone else. Thank you to Leland, Dov, Derek and Angela for the gracious hospitality and the opportunity to take advantage of the $25 shopping spree. Good food, whiskey and meeting Fly Bill and Steve, made for a good time for sure. Happy Holidays Orvis...
  8. yellowlab Active Member

In a van... down by the river, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 8
    Thanks Leland and the Orvis crew for hosting a nice event. Great food, drink and $25 shopping gift card which brought a smile to my wifes face and was totally unexpected.
  9. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6
    Have to "ditto" all of the above. It was a great time. I too, tried real hard to empty a few of those bottles, especially the Glenlivet 15. Thanks to Leland and the Orvis Crew.