Osama Bin Laden is Dead!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by dryflylarry, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troutramp Member

Mulino Oregon
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    flyborg, I can assure you that I am not an immigrant and ask nothing of the sort. If America Prides its self on conservitive values how do you explain the current condition of the country? thats a serious conversation for another forum. I come from a different part of the country than you so my english is a little different than yours and I doubt that your speaking english in the same manner that the English do. So you will probably respond by insulting my grammar or my spelling because you cant argue against my logic. Things are certainly different where you come from than where I come from I can see that. Where I come from the higher you hold your nose in the air the harder your chin gets checked.
  2. troutramp Member

Mulino Oregon
    Oh does it upset you that I stood up for myself when you couldnt argue my logic and had to resort to name calling? "....I still don't know how you twisted that around...even for you, that is hard to get a grasp on it."/QUOTE]
    I dont think that is correct grammar. where is the grammar police now? Oh and as far as colors go you can guess or you can come out and call it. Oh nevermind you can't because your true color is yellow.
  3. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +602 / 0
    Well my usual attempt at tongue in cheek humor fell flat.

I'll be honest. It's very difficult to read your posts. Logic has little value when basic sentence structure is missing. I would hope that all American's would take pride in speaking their language well, but I guess that's too much to ask. Regardless, I wasn't attempting to insult you, simply generate some light-hearted fun coupled with constructive criticism. It's the internet, nobody should take shit seriously here.

Regarding the logic of your arguments; it's significantly flawed, leading me to believe you don't understand the meaning of logic. You make leading statements, then twist them with obvious logical fallacies. I don't mind people arguing from the standpoint of emotion, but calling it logic does your argument a disservice. Again, that's just some constructive criticism. If your aim is for people to take you seriously and engage in serious discourse, try making a genuine attempt.
  4. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +165 / 0
    Slowly getting closer to a 2011 thread of the year

Looks like it paid-off
  5. troutramp Member

Mulino Oregon
    It is hard to read humor. I did not find your criticism constructive. I simply stated that the decision by the state department to use the code name "Geronimo" was at least done in bad taste, and perhaps even racist. My logic is that By associating the Apache war shamman with bin laden that Apaches might be offended. Whats twisted about that?
  6. Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

do'n it 4 the chinookie
    Couldn't say it any better !!!!
    God Bless America and God Bless our troops !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

do'n it 4 the chinookie
    and to quote Toby Keith:
    "If ya don't like that you can kiss my ass" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +225 / 1
    BREAKING NEWS...Taxi service temporarily suspended and all mini-marts, motels and 7-11's will be closed due to death in the family.:thumb:
  9. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +602 / 0
    Your reasoning is that by associating Geronimo with bin Laden the Apaches could be offended. Your logic in support of that is what is riddled with fallacies.

Logic.

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Edit: And just to spell it out. I'm trying to help you here. I don't disagree with your supposition, it certainly could be construed as racist, but I would argue that it's a non-issue. In other words, most people simply don't give a fuck, myself included, especially in light of the bigger issue. But when you argue in favor of something, people aren't going to take you serious if you come across as illiterate and fill your arguments with blatant bullshit.
  10. sportsman Active Member

Kirkland, wa., 98034.
    Ratings: +78 / 0
    Deleted but not forgotten! My apologies to those who could not resist reading my senseless rants... it was lots of fun though. Talk about being sensitive...not a two way street is it?
  11. troutramp Member

Mulino Oregon
    So I am a brown turd thats funny. I guess you can read humor on here. Lets see you call me that to my face! I might be Brown but your still yellow. For those of you crying about racism you can condemn sportsman's calling me a brown turd any moment now. This forum should be renamed the tacoma rainbow poetry page.
  12. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,777 / 0
    You might take your complaints to the admins of the site. You can also report any post you find objectionable. Or take your pissing match with sportsman and/or others to personal messages sparing the rest of us the pain of reading this shit.
  13. troutramp Member

Mulino Oregon
  14. Trout Master Active Member

15. Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

do'n it 4 the chinookie
  16. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +792 / 1
    WTF does any of this happy horseshit have to do with fishing? This is too funny, you all get in a pissing match over petty disagreements in a post on Bin Laden. Sad, really sad...
  17. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +302 / 0
    Thanks Roper. You saved me some typing. Locking this topic down.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.