Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osama Bin Laden is Dead!

17K views 196 replies 57 participants last post by  Chris Scoones 
#1 ·
That's the latest breaking news folks.

#45 ·
bin laden was probably a bead fisherman. Im still trying to come up with ways in which the republicans can denounce this act as a poor choice beings as this is what they were trying to accomplish in bush administration. If the democrats in office had something to do with this, im sure its now a negative.

#50 ·
To my close friend, FlyFishn Fool: whether these actions taken by the armed forces of the United States had been authorized by George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Ronald Regan or Barak Obama, the balls required to first contemplate and then actually authorize this action is impressive. Obama, by the action of his authorization, told the world that America will not acquiesce to attacks on our soil! Thank God for a leader that has the balls to plan and pull this off. F**k Osama and his goat f**ckin buddies. OBAMA GOT OSAMA!!!.

Ok, I'm done

#51 ·
The significance is that "the face of Terrorism" in the western world is dead. He did not die old and gray playing with his grandchildren. He died in a dark room scared out of his mind looking down the barrel of an M4 carrying green faced death merchant. He was given exactly what he gave to this world. Does his death stop terrorism? No. Does his death make the world safer? Probably not. However his death does show that when the United States of America wants you dead....well, you are dead. His death will achieve in the terrorist community what the destroying of the Twin Towers did to us. It will say to them, You can and will be attacked. you can and will be terrorized. You can and will hurt.

#55 ·
I have supplied a couple of PM's to those who I may have offended. While I seem to have become the brunt of attack in this thread, I can accept that. Perhaps I have stuck both feet in mouth with regards to this topic, perhaps I need to bend over and take a few size 12+ in the arse. The fact of the matter is, we will all never agree on everything in this world and political issues will always be hot topics. That being said, those who have served, those who are serving and those who will serve have my respect and my prayers! While of some of us may have an idea of what others have been through, each front line experience is different and creates different views and opinions. What does not change is the fact that we are all Americans and we all need to be thankful for those who serve. Also, whether we agree with the current administration or not, we need to stick together and remain unified. For those I offended, my apologies, for those who do not understand my thoughts, my apologies and for my lack of literary expression, my apologies. Let's all be thankful, thank those in uniform and then go catch some fish!

#56 ·
First I would like to thank you for your thoughts for those of us who serve.

This is not the end of terrorism, however having served, deployed, fought and watched my buddies die due to what this man started on 9/11 is very much a moral victory not only to myself but also the men I work with.

#59 ·
#1 I tip my hat to Seal Team 6. Nice job boys and thank you to our Intelligence agencies who got it right.

#2 Pakistan can kiss my ass. I think as a token of friendship we should give India 6 brand new stealth bombers.

#3 I can't stand Obama, but I think his speech last night was excellent and for the first time he sounded like an American President.

#4 I think we need a new National Holiday called Justice Day to be celebrated May 1st of every year. The Day of with lots of BBQ's and the free flow of bear.

#5 I think that Seal Team 6 should be given a parade through NYC and at the end the President should publicly pin the Medal of Honor on each.

#70 ·
Do we not cheer our team mates on for every base hit, for every run batted in? Regardless of how one views the coach, and I have never felt this one capable of pouring piss out of a boot with the directions written across the heel. This, my friends, was a home run, bases loaded, crowd goes wild! Our fighting forces deserve no less. No, the game is not yet won. There are, for sure, innings remaining to be played. We cannot yet sit back and rest on our laurels. We must stay for the finish.

#76 ·
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

(..and will lose both)

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/05/01/president-obama-announces-bin-laden-still-dead/

In the wake of mass refusal to deal with reality, reality will deal with us all.

#77 ·
For those that don't understand why the United States absolutely needed to eliminate bin Laden; It's a simple answer after all.............

For whatever it is worth I think Obama understands that and had our forces do what needed to be done.

#79 ·
Well said. Are soldiers were the ones that did the work. Not Barrack. But this sure didn't hurt Barracks approval rating when he needed it most. Did it? And thus, I still have some questions? Where are the authenticated photos? Why so hasty of a burial at sea? I hope that I am just being paranoid, but within hours of So Damn Insanes death we had pictures. Why would this be any different? Don't like to be a conspiracy theorist, but I won't be a puppet either.

#80 ·
Some of you gents ought to try suppressing your politics at a time like this. This is a great moment and we should all be savoring it instead of using it as yet another opportunity to make asinine comments about Obama. If this had happened on Bush's watch, we would have heard him say no less about his involvement in reviewing the intelligence and authorizing the operation than Obama said last night, but you would have been lionizing Bush for his leadership in that case. If the outcome had been more like Operation Eagle Claw or if the guy living in the compound turned out to be a wealthy Koran salesman instead of OBL, there is no doubt you would have crucified Obama for his responsibility in such a fiasco. I turned off CNN last night after they started interviewing some Democratic congressman from New York who started by saying something like "this was the sort of Mission Accomplished moment that George Bush could have only fantasized about". That sort of political bullshit had no place in that moment. This is a time to feel proud about what we can accomplish when we really set our minds to it. Obviously much credit must go to the military and intelligence personnel who actually planned and carried this out, but it is partly the fruit of the labors of two different administrations from opposite ends of the political spectrum over the course of a decade. Wish you Obama-haters could take a break from your vitriol to celebrate the moment.

#82 ·
If this had happened on Bush's watch, we would have heard him say no less about his involvement in reviewing the intelligence and authorizing the operation than Obama said last night, but you would have been lionizing Bush for his leadership in that case.
Hmm... Not so much... Leave behind that he was wrong. He thought it WAS over. There's no I in WE.

#83 ·
"Some of you gents ought to try suppressing your politics at a time like this."

Hey, why don't we just suppress thought and freedom of speech while we're at it?!
Surely, swallowing diktat from "above" is the answer.
You sound like those people who say, "I believe in freedom of speech, BUT........"

Lenin would be so proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.