Osama Bin Laden is Dead!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by dryflylarry, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wally Bear New Member

Winlock, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    don't forget the day off. LOL
  2. Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +316 / 0
    Finally something we agree upon Stewart! :thumb: You're not so bad after all.

I lost my best friend because of that fuck head. Not only is it significant, but it will be a day celebrated forever. God bless America!
  3. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

I was drinkin' scotch, whisky and smoking cigars long before I heard the news... does that count? I'll keep up the tradition on May 1st!

Amen brother! That really sums it up... I talked with a young soldier over in Ellensburg at the FFF Conclave. He was over there with Project Healing Waters and had been to Iraq for three tours. Thank you too all the young men and women fighting for us all over the world! I hope we can bring you home sooner than later, but know we're in it for the long haul.
  4. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,756 / 0
    Eliminate him, period. No capture. I wish I could have been there when this command was made.

This is a good day for America.

Osama, may your soul rot in hell.
  5. Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

WA
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    Actually, May 1 is Justice Day or Law Day in the United States...[/QUOTE]Not on any of my calendars or in Wikipedia, but I'm in. Bring on the BBQs and the bears ;) !
  6. Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Yakima, WA.
    Ratings: +132 / 0
  7. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,623 / 2
    I don't think anyone here wants anything to do with your "flow"
  8. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
  9. Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

WA
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    I don't think anyone here wants anything to do with your "flow"[/QUOTE]:rofl:
  10. speyfisher Active Member

State of Jefferson U.S.A.
    Ratings: +136 / 3
    Do we not cheer our team mates on for every base hit, for every run batted in? Regardless of how one views the coach, and I have never felt this one capable of pouring piss out of a boot with the directions written across the heel. This, my friends, was a home run, bases loaded, crowd goes wild! Our fighting forces deserve no less. No, the game is not yet won. There are, for sure, innings remaining to be played. We cannot yet sit back and rest on our laurels. We must stay for the finish.
  11. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +68 / 0
    You've got to wonder how much new intelligence they picked up in the compound during the raid. This event could lead to a lot more down the road.
  12. Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Yakima, WA.
    Ratings: +132 / 0
    Fox Noise Freudian slip
  13. Philster New Member

Ratings: +3 / 0
    [IMG]
  14. Loren Jensen Active Member

Sedro-Woolley, Washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Now we just need to get rid of the credit-stealing brother os Osama's, Obama.

Good job troops, wish they could come home :(
  15. sean_k Active Member

Spanaway Wa.
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Steve, I'm sure we'll see eachother when the Pinks come to town. I'll be back in the states around the first part of August for three weeks. If your interested I may try to get out and catch some Tuna also.
  16. Coulee1 New Member

Just This Side of Hyperborea
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

(..and will lose both)

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
    - Samuel Adams

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/05/01/president-obama-announces-bin-laden-still-dead/

In the wake of mass refusal to deal with reality, reality will deal with us all.
  17. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,756 / 0
    For those that don't understand why the United States absolutely needed to eliminate bin Laden; It's a simple answer after all.............

For whatever it is worth I think Obama understands that and had our forces do what needed to be done.
  18. Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Bellingham Wa.
    Ratings: +316 / 1
    Well spoken FFF, I would only hope that everyone on this site( myself included), could operate with such thoughtful introspection!
  19. brad judy New Member

Kennewick,wa
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Well said. Are soldiers were the ones that did the work. Not Barrack. But this sure didn't hurt Barracks approval rating when he needed it most. Did it? And thus, I still have some questions? Where are the authenticated photos? Why so hasty of a burial at sea? I hope that I am just being paranoid, but within hours of So Damn Insanes death we had pictures. Why would this be any different? Don't like to be a conspiracy theorist, but I won't be a puppet either.
  20. o mykiss Active Member

Ratings: +176 / 0
    Some of you gents ought to try suppressing your politics at a time like this. This is a great moment and we should all be savoring it instead of using it as yet another opportunity to make asinine comments about Obama. If this had happened on Bush's watch, we would have heard him say no less about his involvement in reviewing the intelligence and authorizing the operation than Obama said last night, but you would have been lionizing Bush for his leadership in that case. If the outcome had been more like Operation Eagle Claw or if the guy living in the compound turned out to be a wealthy Koran salesman instead of OBL, there is no doubt you would have crucified Obama for his responsibility in such a fiasco. I turned off CNN last night after they started interviewing some Democratic congressman from New York who started by saying something like "this was the sort of Mission Accomplished moment that George Bush could have only fantasized about". That sort of political bullshit had no place in that moment. This is a time to feel proud about what we can accomplish when we really set our minds to it. Obviously much credit must go to the military and intelligence personnel who actually planned and carried this out, but it is partly the fruit of the labors of two different administrations from opposite ends of the political spectrum over the course of a decade. Wish you Obama-haters could take a break from your vitriol to celebrate the moment.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.