Osama Bin Laden is Dead!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by dryflylarry, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

Media:
    well said o mykiss,....except a lot of these guys don't know what lionizing means.

2. Philster

Philster Active Member

Media:
    Hmm... Not so much... Leave behind that he was wrong. He thought it WAS over. There's no I in WE.

3. Coulee1

Coulee1 New Member

"Some of you gents ought to try suppressing your politics at a time like this."

Hey, why don't we just suppress thought and freedom of speech while we're at it?!
    Surely, swallowing diktat from "above" is the answer.
    You sound like those people who say, "I believe in freedom of speech, BUT........"

Lenin would be so proud.

4. Coulee1

Coulee1 New Member

"Conspiracy Theorist", "Truther", "Birther", "Wingnuts"..... Ad Hominems ALL - to silence critics, of course.

Can't have dissent in the USSA.

5. Coulee1

Coulee1 New Member

"None are more enslaved than those who falsely believe they are 'free'"
    ~ Goethe

6. troutramp

troutramp Member

Sounds like your upset that bin laden is dead? I can second the thought that it may not change the immediate and that there are still 3 wars, going on ect so on. But he did mastermind and finance several terrorist attacks killing THOUSANDS of Americans and more of other nationalities, world wide, but Evans upset about it. I just think of it on terms of my own jelousy really I mean the guy who pulled the trigger on that scum bag I am glad we can call him ours. A volunteer no less.
    So to explain the signifigance here goes, It shows the rest of the world that we Americans accomplished what we set out to do regardless of time frame and if you think you are going to plan and conspire and fund terrorism against us you might want to take up goat herding and settle the F down cause we will find you we will destroy you. Thats pretty significant. i think it ended just exactly as it should have a double tap to the left side of his face by an American badass now who cant understand that?

7. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Media:
    Home Page:
    In my hot headedness last night, I worded things poorly. I think it's significant, I just don't think it warrants celebration. We made a martyr out of him, and in that culture, that's seen as a good thing to his followers. They don't view death as we do, many will be inspired to die as he did.

He got everything he wanted. He brought fear to the USA (look at all the "security" bullshit these days), and died exactly as he wanted to. Capturing and detaining him would have been a much bigger blow.

I for one fear the retaliation, and inspiration that will grow from this. I don't for a second feel sorry for him, or think he was anything less than one of the worst people on earth, I'm just a bit more fixed on the reality of the situation to come.

8. Kaiserman

Kaiserman Phil 4:11-13

Temporarily on earth, longing for home...
    Exactly, another distrcation. Yippee, he's dead! Now let's get to work on OUR problems here in the US. For starters, the budget and jobs.

9. o mykiss

o mykiss Active Member

Coulee1 - where did I say I was in favor of stifling dissent? I'm all in favor of dissent and exercised my right to dissent quite frequenly during the GWB years. But I'm one of those hopelessly naïve people that believe there are some moments in history during which all of us should be able to set aside our political differences and celebrate or, for darker moments, just contemplate. You know, like when GWB stood on the smoldering embers of the WTC with the bull horn and provided words of encouragement and resolve? I didn't vote for the guy and I didn't ever like him, but that seemed like one situation where we ought to leave the political bullshit aside for a while and honor the moment. I know at the time there were probably diehard partisans (like you, Philster, Silverbullet32 and FlyfishnFool have been today) that took shots at him shortly after that moment, which was their right (and your right) under the First Amendment. I guess I'm just saying we could use a little more political maturity in this country. (Like I said, it bothered me that on CNN last night some Democratic congressman used the occasion to take a shot at George Bush.) I feel like focusing so much vitriol on the guy who is in the oval office just because he said he reviewed the intelligence and gave the orders authorizing the operation (all of which I presume is factually accurate) dishonors the moment - not to mention the efforts and sacrifices of the people, none of whom probably thought one second about who was giving those orders, who actually put their lives on the line to plan and carry it out. Anyway, I'm done. I should have learned a long time ago not to get involved in political discussions on a flyfishing web site. Been there, done that, didn't work out so well. God Bless America.

10. Coulee1

Coulee1 New Member

i8abug, I appreciate your priorities - I do.. but I gotta say, "We're getting taken for a ride."

The AP had to retract the photo of OBL sans "double tap to the face", as it was photoshopped:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e46_1304318901

And if anybody bothers to scour the VT link provided upthread, there are mountains of evidence that OBL died almost 10 years ago, for that matter.

OBL = boogeyman to cover the acts of the perps/justify police-state Amerikka, among many other things.

Obediently swallowing government and mainstream media lies/obfuscations has proven a monumental waste of prescious human lives.

Food for thought while we "go along to 'get along'".

11. ribka

ribka Active Member

Thank God for rendition, Gitmo and enhanced interogation techniques. KSM sang like a canary after they were used on him. Never would have found OBL without these valuable tools in the fight against the bad guys.

The SEALS took a lot of hard drives, docs and other intell from the compound after they left. Many people(bad guys) around the world will be sleeping with one eye open.

Incredible amount of intell work and planning went into this. Great group effort military, CIA and NSA.

Let's use the same ingenuity and hard work to get this great country back on track and once again prosperous.

12. Coulee1

Coulee1 New Member

O mykiss, I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your thrust. These are indeed emotionally charged times we're living in. Again, I apologize.

I am all for setting politics aside as I see the whole dog n' pony show as a running distraction to keep folks from dealing in terms of the realities we all face. The politics as exacerbated by the mainstream media all too often prevents folks from getting all the facts they need to achieve a mature, informed assessment of "what we all face" actually IS. I think we all may benefit from putting in a little legwork to glean information which is being severely suppressed. It's a jungle out there to be sure. But I'm confident my fellow, albeit well divided (enter the dog and pony show), Americans can sift the wheat from the chaff if only they can plug alllll the factors into the equation: What gives?

Best.

13. Coulee1

Coulee1 New Member

14. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Do a search on the words "It's a simple answer after all". Perhaps you will understand.

15. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Media:
    Obama bags Osama... fitting, don't you think? :rolleyes:

16. ribka

ribka Active Member

Yeh fitting that he condemned the techinques ( "torture" in Barry's lingo) used by the previous administration to get the valuable information which led to OBL. And yet he takes the credit for it now like a true POS politician.

Yeh and the brave men in the intell communities and the military had nothing to do with this. It was all Barry's hard work on the golf course and basket ball court that enabled this mission to succeed.

Going to a funeral this weekend for a boy that was just killed in Afghanistan by an IED.

I thought Barry promised to end the wars; instead the man of peace Barry just started a new one.

17. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Media:
    Right on! Obama's leadership got this accomplished. Hell yeah!

18. brad judy

brad judy New Member

o mykiss
    I wrote my thread without having heard the latest news of helo's crashing on the compound, photos of Barrack and his cabinet, pictures of the downed helo. Bottom line, Barrack made a great decision. No time for politics. I agree. But most importantly, I can't say how impressed I am with the Seal Team. What a proud moment and that is where we should focus. I couldn't have said it better than you said it above.
    The 40 Seals are instant heroes.
    This is a time to feel proud about what we can accomplish when we really set our minds to it. Obviously much credit must go to the military and intelligence personnel who actually planned and carried this out, but it is partly the fruit of the labors of two different administrations from opposite ends of the political spectrum over the course of a decade. Well said.
    Not a Barrack hater. I am just a realist and try to keep my mind open.

19. snarlac

snarlac Member

Now if bammy can quit smoking and promoting pot, he'd be the poster boy of health reform instead of the village idiot.

20. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Media:
    OK Chris, you can close this thread down now. The crazy's are arriving. Time to go fish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.