Osama Bin Laden is Dead!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by dryflylarry, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Wilson Yakbowbw

Everett, WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    The sun shines today
    People celebrate life lost
    The world seems distant
  2. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +725 / 1
    I wonder, did OBL ever fly-fish?
  3. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +681 / 0
    Who cares?
  4. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +725 / 1
    Things might have been different if he had... just sayin.
  5. Philster New Member

Ratings: +3 / 0
    No, he was, according to many, a Falconer before he hit the terrorist big time.
  6. troutramp Member

Mulino Oregon
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Seriously hope there is some sunshine in your weather forecast up there, maybe Ill bring some with me from AZ when I come up next week.
  7. Philster New Member

If you're a military historian, an enemy is an enemy. Doesn't matter how much folks romanticize a historical figure. Geronimo fought, using "guerilla tactics" against the expansion of the U.S. and Mexico. Seems rather fitting if you don't get all namby pamby PC about it. "The Noble Savage" stereotype is just as racist as the "Savage Animal" stereotype. Geronimo was a great Leader/General/Strategist, who waged war against a larger force and held out for an amazingly long time considering the odds. Let's not pretend he was anything more.
  8. smc Active Member

Up River
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Thank you for that, Mike. It's beautiful, and perfectly illustrates the dichotomy that I feel - the deep satisfaction that an evil man has been removed from this world, and the echoing void of sadness so eloquently expressed by Dr. Martin Luther King (excerpt from Eric Tarcha's earlier post): "Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars".

But. OBL had it coming. He would have killed you, your mother, your daughter, my daughter, my father, my wife. He would have killed KerryS and Mumbles and Troutramp and the rest of us all without care, just as he killed those many thousands on September 11th, 2001.

Sometimes there are no easy answers and we carry on. God bless the men and women who lead and serve this country, who bear the burden of difficult questions and unspeakable answers.
  9. John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Olympia
    Ratings: +180 / 1
    If this last mission did not actually kill OBL, and he actually died years ago, then Al Quaida would have exploited that fact by now. They would have shown proof that he had been long dead.

If OBL was still alive and somewhere else both him and Al Quaida would have posted pictures after the fact that he is still alive.

So Al Quaida actually has publically denounced the death of OBL. Saying it was murder. This statement says that they believe the U.S.

The ISI, Pakistans intelligence agency has interviewed eye witnesses to the events and they say that U.S. forces went in and a firefight happened then the U.S. forces came out with bodies.

What greater way to attack the west than to show that we are a bunch of liars......So if they are not doing these things one can figure that well hey, maybe OBL is dead. Just sayin.
  10. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    hear, hear.
  11. troutramp Member

Mulino Oregon
    You all complain about racism on here but its ok if the government is racist oh liberals and thier double standards, nevermind. I am not a military historian (or any other kind of historian) but I know the Apache because I have lived amongst them. Your stereotype of Leader/ General/ Strategist, is not quite acurate either he was a "war shamman" essentially a medicine man who's medicine was war. "Nobel Savage" did not really apply either he has been praised as a "military genuis" by those with the authority to do so. Nobel he was not he killed with out regard to age or gender. I like to think of him more as a political activist much like MLK he was simply a advocate for his people he just was not the orator that MLK was so he he killed a bunch of people. To associate him with bin laden is foolish. Geronimo "Goyahkla" did not kill by means of terrorism so to speak he was more likely to look you in the eye before he slit your throat. Anyways if I were Apache I would take offence at the reference.
  12. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +597 / 0
    I'm glad Osama's dead. He did declare war on me, after all.

The conspiracy theories, as usual, are comical. I'm sure we'll never know the whole truth--but we know enough of it. Obama's a pro-troller for sure. He likes to let the conspiracies stew to the boiling point--dragging in normally rational people. Then he wtfpwns it.

If it was me, I would have pretended to dispose of the body quickly. Still having the body around would be a global political nightmare and I believe firmly that it would risk lives everywhere. Even if everyone knows we didn't really dispose of it, what can they say? "You're lying?" We'll just point you to the other conspiracy theorists and tell you to get in line! On the other hand, I'd have the real body set firmly aside with the CIA, locked down in a place where shit never leaks (jesus those must be getting rare because nothing seems to stay quiet anymore). I'd want to know everything about Osama. What he was eating, how many STD's he had, his entire genetic sequencing--you name it. That brain would be preserved for all time, right next to Einstein's and Ted Williams'.

I'm not fond of fundamentalists in general. Their problem is they believe their own bullshit. Fred Phelps should be next on the hit list. If I was president, I'd just wipe out his entire compound, then put a sign on top big enough to see from Google Earth. It would say, "God Hates You, Motherfucker."
  13. Philster New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: He was like MLK only more "Killy"! You sir are one in a million. I think I'll go hang out with the million now if you don't mind! "Damn my dull tongue! Now I'z gots to go kill folks!"
  14. troutramp Member

Mulino Oregon
    My point is if it is not OK to be racist against muslims, mexicans, and people of African decent, or asians, then it should not be ok to be racist against Native Americans either, and I find the use of the code name "Geronimo" to be at least very bad judgment it seems that I am alone with that on this forum at least. I am only left to suppose that in Washington "the state and DC" it is ok to to be racist against Native Americans. Thank you all for clarifying that for me.
  15. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +597 / 0
    I'm going to be sincere for once in my life. Please take this as constructive. Reading through your posts is difficult not because of your viewpoints--but rather your poor grammar and spelling. Now when I go to another country I make a solid effort to learn their language. I realize that you probably moved here recently from Native America (where is that, south of Mexico??) but honestly, if you're going to come to our country, please learn the language. Occasional errors are perfectly normal, but at some point it just becomes incredibly difficult to understand what you are trying to communicate.
  16. smc Active Member

Up River
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Geronimo was the code name for the operation, not code for OBL. OBL was "E", and KIA was what E got. Sheesh, they might just as well have called it operation Burning Bush, or Operation Troutramp. I personally think Operation Philster has a certain ring, much better than Operation SMC. Operation Mumbles would pretty much suck too.
  17. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    This tread is why I have taken on the additude , I'm not predudice I hate everybody equally, this is the politicaly correct answer for todays world.
  18. John Dude Learned skills from George Dickel

Kirkland, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
  19. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    I don't believe that bin laden is dead .It's a plot to misdirect us from president obamma's fake birth certificate.
  20. troutramp Member

Mulino Oregon

why when I have little bitches like you to edit for me?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.