WTB Osprey Atmos 65 Medium

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by MasterAnglerTaylor, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looking for an Osprey Atmos 65 Medium backpack.

2. I've got a blue/gray Atmos 65 in medium that's been taking up space in my closet since I bought it used at an REI garage sale a year ago. It's the older model Atmos and looks pretty well worn/a bit dirty, but it doesn't have any tears or holes and all zippers are working fine. I bought it thinking it'd be perfect for overnight and weekend backpacks, but I forgot that I'm usually the sherpa when I go backpacking so my 90L Arc'teryx gets hauled along for the short trips as well as the longer ones.

I'd let it go for $80 plus shipping. Let me know if you're seriously interested and I can take some pictures and send them over to you.

Cheers,
    Matt

3. Do you know what year it was made? How dirty/worn are we talking? Soiled? Have the straps lost their cushion? I am interested in seeing some pictures if that is at all possible.

4. I believe it's the 2007 model, as it looks exactly like this one:
    http://www.backcountry.com/osprey-packs-atmos-65-pack-3800-4200-cu-in-osp0107

Upon closer inspection (had to take it out of the closet to get a better look), the pack probably isn't in as bad of shape as I made it out to be initially. There are a few small stains on the front mesh compartment, some scratches throughout (especially on the top "brain" section), but no soiling, just a bit of dust. I'd estimate the level of wear to be consistent with 1-3 seasons of light use.

The straps are in good shape and seem to have all original cushion, which honestly wasn't much to begin with. Osprey seems to skimp a bit in this department in order to shave ounces, but it's really not noticeable unless you overload the pack beyond the suggested weight limit. I use a Stratos 32 for day trips which has a similar construction and I can always feel a marked difference when I cross that invisible line between a comfortable load and overloading. 15 pounds feels like 5 in that pack due to the remarkable suspension system, but 25 pounds feels like 30 because at that point the weight starts cutting into your shoulders and hips. I'd imagine the Atmos 65 is the same way, only with a much higher load capacity of course.

Anyway, I'll take some pictures of the pack tomorrow evening and find a way to get them to you via PM.

Cheers,
    Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.