Our new flyshop is now open in Bellingham

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Rick Todd, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

This is what a local fly shop does, it is a touch stone of history and knowledge and brings people together who have a common interest that might other wise never meet. You just can't get this shopping on line.

2. kjsteelhead

kjsteelhead Member

You also can't get locally tied flies, outside-the-door casting instruction, and inside-the-shop tying lessons on-line. Nor will you get Ed's personal geography lessons.

3. hookedonthefly

hookedonthefly Active Member

You're not too far off. As lore has it, Wayne was co-designer of the Lady Caroline with Geordie Shanks at the Gordon Castle.

We look forward to meeting you Danny!
    Cheers,
    Ed

4. hookedonthefly

hookedonthefly Active Member

Zing.

5. D.B.

D.B. New Member

. . . . flies tied by Jack including the Painted Lady, Lady Godiva, Winter Fly, Lord Hamilton.
    Actually the Lady Godiva was sort of nonexistent. Whenever Judge Olson caught a steelhead on the Skagit he would tell Ralph that he used a "Lady Godiva". Ralph later discovered the Judge was using different patterns each time and pulling his leg. These guys were very secretive because they competed against each other (in a cordial way) for the largest fish/rainbow trout category in Field & Streams yearly contest back in the 1940s. Ralph gave me one of his Lady Godivas and related this story. Evidently no one knows, even him, what the true original design was!

6. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Jeez, Kerry, right in the shorts again! You never get a break! But I'll trade ya: I have to drive over the hill to E-Burg to Steve's just to buy hooks!

7. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

I have questions.

BYOB?
    Is there a refridgerator?
    How far away is the closest bus stop?
    Is there a cot on the premesis (in case I get sleepy)?
    Dogs?
    Is there any daycare provided?

I may be in tomorrow as I literally broke my skagit line on my last trip.

Go Sox,
    cds

Derek Day likes this.
  8. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Closed Sunday & Monday. Though the guys have been down there a lot setting everything up.

9. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Sweet. I'll have to throw some business at 'em.

While it has been a hell of a long time since we've been face to face, I have known Scott since grade school and he's top shelf in my book. Funny thing...it was on WFF (after not hearing from him in 15 years) that I found out he was also infected with Steelhead on a fly. Small world.

Kick ass fellas!

10. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

WAY off topic, but IMO Joe Dirt is the greatest film ever made. Office Space is a close second.

11. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Joe Dirt = awesome.

Go Sox,
    cds

12. aplTyler

aplTyler Inept Steelheader

Great shop and great guys. I stopped in the other day and I don't think you'll find many guys like Scott and Ed. Passionate about steelhead, two handed rods, and conservation.

Support 'em!

13. D.B.

D.B. New Member

Just visited the new shop. Picked-up some great materials and Scott special ordered a spool of Pearsall's silk for me. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and being able to see what I was buying in person. Love the waterfront location- very relaxing!
    Dan

14. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

They are having a grand opening this weekend with casting demos and such, come check it out