Outcast 300 at Costco

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Dan Kell, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Dan Kell New Member

Everett, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Picked up a pair of Outcast 300s from Costco this morning. $300 a piece versus $500 in the Cabela's catalog. This is the one with a built-in wheel and 400 lbs. capacity. They had 10 left at the Silver Lake Store up by Everett when we left.
  2. hendersonbaylocal Member

Seattle WA
    duck and cover!! here it comes!! :rofl: :rofl:

nice work. that is a great deal!
  3. Flyfishsteel New Member

GH,WA
    What does the outcast 300 look like?
  4. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +435 / 0
    Aluminum or Steel Frame?
  5. Dan Kell New Member

Everett, WA
    Aluminum. Only bad thing I can see about it so fair. Includes a motor bracket, two rod holders.
  6. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +435 / 0
    No..not bad. Will not rust.
  7. Greg Smith Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +20 / 0
    Please describe an Outcast 300. I can't find a reference to it on the outcast site.

Greg
  8. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,400 / 0
    Same here. I just went to their web site and couldn't find anything on it. Is it a pontoon boat or a float tube. Or is it a discontued item.

Jim
  9. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

It's probably a special model made for sale at Costco. I checked both the Cabelas and Costco sites and couldn't find that specific model. They do have other pontoon's listed on their site.

I'm curious what type of tubes / valves that they have. I think I'm going to go for a Super Fat Cat this year. Don't want to mess with a frame and want it only for lakes.
  10. Greg Smith Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +20 / 0
    I just checked the boat at my local Costco. Its called an Outfitter 300 not an Outcast 300. I have no idea about the quality of the boat.

Greg
  11. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Ratings: +106 / 0
  12. Obsessed Member

Shoreline, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    That is the one Fred.

The boat may be a bargain, I don't know, but I suspect the guy on Craigslist probably bought it at Costco and is hoping to score a quick sale with a nice mark-up.

For those of you that are interested, the boat looks a lot like a Trout Unlimited Rogue River.
  13. Mike Abella New Member

T Town, WA
    I went down to Costco to check out the boat. I looks Okay for the price. It is a steel frame not aluminum thus weighing in at 90 lbs. a we bit heavy. Maybe this is why thy stuck the wheel on it. And yes it totally looks like the Trout unlimted boat but in a different box.
  14. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Ratings: +106 / 0
    Good point; wouldn't want to be betting against you!:rofl:
  15. Dan Kell New Member

Everett, WA
    Sorry, I went out and looked at the boxes again this morning and its an Outfitter 300 not Outcast. :beathead:

Its identical to the Trout Unlimited boat without the graphics.
  16. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    My awesome girlfriend surprised me and bought me one today from the Woodinville Costco (2 left btw). Yes it is a bit on the heafty side, but otherwise very well made. I have it all put togeather and will give it the official inaugural launch within the next couple of days. I will let you know how it preformed. My girlfriend rocks!!!
  17. Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Coupeville, WA, USA.
    I bought one of them at the Burlington Costco yesterday. they had 3 left. Looked like a sweet deal and since I don't plan on carrying it the 90# wasn't a big deal. My 12' boat weighs much more than that.
  18. Dirk Pitt New Member

Tenino, Wa
  19. Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Coupeville, WA, USA.
    I feel even better now...
    Thanks you made my day!:beer2: