outcast commander - 2 people?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by golfman44, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Anyone ever try fitting/rowing a 2nd passenger on the outcast commander? They would obviously sit behind the rower on the inflatable platform.

2. I don't own the boat, but Im gonna say if you wouldn't feel comfortable with the person riding behind you on a motorcycle, you probably wouldn't want them sitting behind you on the Outcast Commander (based on pictures of the boat as well as I've seen the boat at the local fishing shop on the show room floor a while back). The boat DOES have a 500 pound weight capacity technically which should accommodate the weight of 2 full size adults with very minimal gear, but that kind of weight will hinder it's performance and it just looks awkward for such an application unless it was a small person like a kid. The optimal configuration anytime you're rowing 2 full size adults is a framed boat with full size oar shafts (1 7/8") if you're in any kind of reasonable class 2- or greater moving water. Or just get another boat as a boat with a frame and full size oar shafts will still cost more than the price of 2 OSG Commanders.

golfman44 likes this.
  3. Thanks for the reply. I am limited to frameless so the scadden assault XX might be better for me