Outcast Fish Cat Cougar quad style pontooon boat

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Don Barton, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Barton

Don Barton Member

Media:
    SOLD SOLD
    Enjoy your new boat Norm!
    SOLD SOLD​

I have upgraded my pontoon fleet which makes my trusty Outcast Fish Cat Cougar available.

These are great boats. The Fish Cat Cougar’s quad pontoon design ads a measure of safety, increases load capacity, improves stability and tracking, and offers less wind resistance than a conventional pontoon boat.

This boat has seen modest use since I bought it new three years ago. I have used it on rivers for about 10 trips and on lakes for about 20 days. Two or three times a year I treat it with Miracle 303. I have made a number of upgrades including a Scotty rod holder and marine grade pulleys for the anchor line. The pontoons have been stored inside in a deflated condition. As a practical matter this boat is essentially as good as new. On a 10 point scale, this boat is easily a 9.

This Fish Cat Cougar is no longer sold by Outcast. Today Outcast sells the Fish Cat Panther which is exactly the same as the Cougar except that the Cougar is one foot shorter than the Panther. The Panther sells for $950 and the Cougar sold for $850. The Panther is rated for 400 lbs. and the Cougar is rated for 350 lbs. Here is the link to the Outcast web site and the specs for the Panther, and, except for length, the Cougar:

http://www.outcastboats.com/outcast/products/?id=33

My price for this good-as-new pontoon boat is $500, representing a savings of more than 40% from the new price.

Also, I have a near new electric trolling motor and a hefty deep cell marine battery that I would throw into the deal for $100 more.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. FLYRODR

FLYRODR Guest

For Sale: Outcast Fish Cat Cougar quad style pontooon boat

Don, are you open to trades?

3. Don Barton

Don Barton Member

Media:

To be honest I'd like to sell this boat to partially offset what I paid for my new to me PAC 9000. Not really looking for anything but I have an open mind. Send me a PM with what you have that you hope might interest me.

4. Don Barton

Don Barton Member

Media:

bump

5. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Media:
    As a disclaimer, I have no vested interest in this boat although I know Don and have a high regard for his integrity. I've spent many hours fishing from a couple of boats virtually identical to this one. Everything he says about the boat's design and performance is true and if I didn't already have two other 'toons, I'd be all over this one.

K

6. scottflycst

scottflycst Active Member

That's a nice boat at a good price.

7. ndmslm

ndmslm Member

Hi Don I sent a pm Thanks Norm

8. ndmslm

ndmslm Member

Thanks Don. It was nice to meet you and made a new friend. Look forward to get the boat on the water. Good luck with your new boat as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.