Outcast owners...whats your input?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by pwoens, Jan 28, 2005.

1. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I talked to Kelley at Outast yesterday....what a company :thumb:. After talking to her I think I am leaning more towards the 800 or 900 now. The 9000, in their opinion, is deisgned more for lakes. She said it will handle whitewater but is more suited for still water and in some of the situations mentioned, will handle less than desireable because of the two toons on each side AND low center of gravity. Plus, the extra width with the 9000 makes it almost impossible to fit in the full size bed of my truck. If I buy an 800 and some 1000 toons extra I could have two toons for the price of the 9000 ;) .

Thanks everyone for the input...it really has helped a ton.

2. Randy Buske

Randy Buske New Member

Patrick,

I have a PAC 8000. Bought it in 2002 and have about 20 trips on it. I think the quality of construction sets it apart from allot of the other pontoons. I also have a ablecraft and have been using that instead because of the ease of set up. I'd be willing to give you a good deal on the PAC 8000. It has all the accesories.

3. Chromer

Chromer Defeat terrorism

Media:
    I have a PAC 800, and like it. Believe this - I found mine on Ebay a year ago. Brand new, was a X-Mas present that someone either didnt want or didnt need. Believe this 2 - seller didnt know much about Ebay, had no bids, and dropped the price before the weeklong auction ended. It was a grab. Moral of story is this - check Ebay just in case - you never know. :confused:

4. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Randy, I sent you an email.

5. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Media:
    Patrick:
    I have a question after re-reading this thread it looked like the 9000 was not on you radar. But now it looks like that you and the old man have both made the move to this boat. After your research and thinking the 9000 was more for lakes why the change of mind. I know I could have gotten the scoop from you direct but I think that it would be interesting to know what made you decide on the lower profile boat. :confused:
    jesse clark

6. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Well, several things. I spoke to the outcast rep and he, having nothing to gain from my purchase, told me about their trip to New Zealand. He said that they had 6 or 7 different boats (cant remember for sure) and that the 9000 was the boat of choice among all of them. I then spoke to Jeremy at Outcast, whom I had been told runs a 9000 on rivers, and he said he has done probably over 5000 miles of whitewater on his 9000 and absolutely loves it.

As with any boat, alot of it comes down to how well you run your sticks and what kind of boatman you are. Originally, the 9000 was my first choice since 60-70% of the use will be lakes but I was kind of turned away by some wff responses and opinions in regards to this boat (thanks to all who responded).

In addition I talked to TWD from this site and he was the third person I had talked to who actually had first hand experience with the 9000 and moving water. TWD has taken his down the Ronde and some MT streams that I have been down in my Bucks and to hear that the 9000 handled fine was the last bit-o-info I needed.

Out of the 3 I talked to, no one had any negative first hand, on the water, experiences with the 9000. So, my original choice came back and I bought the 9000. The 9000 is THE boat for still water and with no complaints about running whitewater, I made my choice. It arrived yesterday and I have to say....WOW!!! What a well thought out boat. I have never seen the 9000 in person and I am extremely impressed.

Shortly after I bought my boat, TWD had to make me an offer I couldnt refuse on his 9000.....so I passed it onto the old man and he bought it. :thumb:

7. ballafish

ballafish New Member

I own the outcast pac900 for the past 2 years. This was my second boat and made my decision after looking over my friends pac900. I love this boat! I fish in mostly lakes so I wont comment on running fast water. On lakes you will love the way this boat performs it scoots over the tops of heavy weed beds and glides effortlessly from place to place. Plenty of storage and a nice sized rear flat bed to load up for an overnight-er. Very well made great customer support. They have been around awhile so replacement parts are easy to find. You should be able to find a new one for around $1,250 just do it. I looked at many articles and reviews you can find other pontoon boats that may perform better in rapids because that is what they are built for but for fishing go with the outcast!
    Alle the best,
    Allen (new member)

8. PT

PT Physhicist

You're about 2 years and 4 months late with that helpful info. Good info though.:thumb:

9. Kim Hampton

Kim Hampton Not Politically Correct

I have the pac900. I haven't fished in on a river yet as I had a larger whitewater raft until I sold it last summer. It's a good boat and easy to set up but after a day fishing on a lake my back and ass are killing me. There must be a better seat to change out what it comes with.

10. Randy Buske

Randy Buske New Member

I have PAC9000. Very durable boat. I would like to sell. Have a number of accessories. Make me an offer!!!

11. YAKIMA

YAKIMA AKA: Gregory Mine

Love my Pac1000. Works great in lakes and rivers. I can row it 5 miles in a lake and don't even feel like I"m doing anything.

12. Dave Hartman

Dave Hartman Strip'n Flywear

Media:
    Home Page:
    Does anyone own a Watermaster? Have you guys looked at them? They have so many more advantages to pontoons, namely, you can fish 99% of the time you are on the river. They're pricey ($1300) but they're built very well.

Actually, I'm not on here to sell anything. Moreso, I'm looking for other one-man boaters, others who would like someone else to float and shuttle with.
    In particular, I'd like to go fish the Sky tomorrow. Anyone interested?

13. luv2fly2

luv2fly2 Active Member

you have to try a watermaster. i have 3 wm's and 2 toons and the wm's are way better. when camped at a lake the wm's are used more than the toons. the new ones are better than the old wm's. they weigh 26 lbs and can be carryed in a bag with back pack straps. lots can be found in the archives as there has been much discussion on the debate between toons and wm's. thanx, mike w