Outcast PAC 1300 Raft

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by The Green Drake, Dec 2, 2004.

1. The Green Drake

The Green Drake Live to fish, fish to live

Home Page:
    Greetings.... :thumb:

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a boat in the coming weeks and am giving some serious though on purchasing an Outcast PAC 1300 Raft to float the local rivers. Raised in CO, this is the choice of many anglers, but I am interested on your thoughts for WA if you have any!! Thanks in advance

David :beer1:

2. Jason

Jason Trout Bum

Media:
  3. Peter Pancho

Peter Pancho Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I wouldn't use this in Greenlake if I had too, it couldn't hadle the wakes there... JUST KIDDING. Awesome watercraft, probably the best for the money out there. Dennis Dickson's crew uses one, more likely for that reason.

Peter <><

PS: Is this David H. ? Dude if it is, call me so we can set something up in mid January...

4. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    David,
    Here are a couple of reviews on the 1300. I have an Outcast pontoon boat and super fat cat and have been really happy with their products.
    Here is the review link.
    http://www.outdoorreview.com/flyfis...boats/Outcast,Pac,1300/PRD_60268_1401crx.aspx

You might want to check out some other brands, like Aire Puma, Achillies and NRS. Here is a link to Northwest River Supply.
    www.nrsweb.com
    You might also want to speak with Dana at Swiftwater. They have moved from Fremont to Shoreline. The # is (206) 547-3377.

I have a 12.5 foot Achillies with a frame and anchor system. When I upgrade this boat, I want to go to 14 feet at a minimum. Space is at a premium in my current set-up.
    I hope this helps.
    Brian

5. WT

WT Active Member

Aire=Outcast, same company.

6. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    WT, do believe they are "sister" companies now, not the same. I know when I exclusively used Aire boats (for my whitewatering) Outcast was a seperate company (had a few of their products then). Outcast hired Aire to make their upper series. But know the lower end boats by Outcast aren't made by Aire at all. Not sure if they are the same company now (Aire may have bought them, doubt it's the other way around).

Hey, how big of boat are you looking for? I have an older boat I'm about to sell. Would be about half the price of the raft, but will hold more capacity and give you fred flintstone power in low water. 16' Aire cataraft with custom fishing frame. Still in great shape. Ready to fish with all the bells and whistles for about half the price of a new Outcast 1300 (and has a trailer with it). Can fish 4 out of it. LOL.

Let me know. About to take the frame in the garage and put the new floors in once I get some of the garage sale stuff moved out.

7. Anil

Anil Active Member

Media:
    Outcast boats are a division of Aire boats. All of the "PAC" series boats are made in the Aire factory in Meridian Idaho. The Pac 1300 is identical (with the exception of the graphics) to the "Super Puma" from Aire. I have two friends who own the boat and are very pleased with it's performance.
    If you have any questions about this you can contact either Aire or Outcast at 1 (800) 966-0976.
    Anil
    www.pugetsoundflyco.com

8. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    I too was thinking about the Pac1300. I passed because the frame is cheeseball and the boat is freakin narrow. my .02 YT :cool:

9. Jerry Daschofsky

Media:
    Home Page:
    Whitey, that's why alot of guys end up buying the bigger boats from these companies and have a frame built. Which, raft frames are alot easier to make and cheaper compared to cataraft frames. Most guys I know buy the wider models from the big named raft companies (Aire, Sotar, Maravia, etc) and have the frames built. I know alot of the guys I know who've bought the Puma and Super Puma had same complaints (especially after riding in some of my custom boats lol). They're not bad, especially for one-2 man boats. But get a bit "narrow" when you start adding extra weight.

Thanks Anil. Been a long time since I've dealt with either company (I used to pick my tubes up at the factory in Boise years ago for my whitewater boats). Only boats I saw touring the factory where "Aire" boats, no Outcast were produced in that factory at that time (about 14 years ago). I know the first boats by Outcast weren't anything you'd see out of Aire, and when they first got together there was no "we are owned by" or "division of" Aire in the books. Was "our tubes are built by". Which Aire is a company that you'd want to have "owned by", since they are the only well built "bladder boat" on the market. But, you never know what they kept under lock and key. Especially those original Outcast boats. LOL.

10. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    Jerry,

No doubt dude, my buddy has a NRS 14.5' expedition raft with a sweet custom frame. Its a way better set up for multi-day floats and hauling lots of gear. I still can't decide if I want a big cat or a raft. A big cat would be sweet, I want one like that one in that Chuck Norris movie about POW's in Nam, that was wicked with the outboard motor and 50 cal. up front. ooh, and the shark teeth on the pontoons, just like the fly'n tigers, so cool. Whats the name of that movie, damn brain fart, uuuhhh, dang, ya know, chuck go's in to rescue our guys and kills 1000's of viet kong single handedly. I don't know. anyway, it was freakin sweet.

hahahaha YT :cool: ya, smokin!

got it: missing in action!!! totally awesome! :beer2:

11. Jerry Daschofsky

Media:
    Home Page:
    Whitey, then buy a boat from Maravia. They can custom make just about anything. Seen some AWESOME boats. They do all the custom spraying there. Have seen a "cow" boat come off the line. LOL. All black and white splotches. Seen flames and a few other things (melting of two colors along the hull line). Pretty wild stuff.