Outcast pontoon boat customer service question

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Sageman, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Sageman

Sageman Member

I cannot find the website or number of the outcast customer service dept. I have a Pac-800 that within a relatively short time of purchase (<20 days of use) has developed a small leak somewhere. More of an annoyance, but requires me to give it a few pumps every couple of hours. I know they have a 10-year warranty and would like to get some help with this since I can't find the leak myself. I also can't figure out how to get the bladder unattached from the nozzle, and think the leak may actually be here.

2. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Chances are you may not have a hole in your tubes, you probably have a bad valve, or a poorly fitted valve. I don't know if they come with them nowadays (they never did when I used to buy them), but do you have a valve wrench? If you do, try tightening the valve on the leaky toon. If it still doesn't hold air, then I'd get in touch with Outcast.

Here's thewebsite for you.
    http://www.outcastboats.com/outcastboats/

3. Bart

Bart New Member

Sageman,

Contact Avid Angler in Lake City. They are a dealer for Outcast and got quick response when I had to replace a bladder.

Bart

4. toadthedry

toadthedry Member

I have a pac 800. I probably don't use it enough but twice have ahd problems with deflation of a pontoon. Both times due to dirt in the valvue causing a leak though I keep the valvue cover on it and keep the valvue closed when not using it.

5. Sageman

Sageman Member

Thanks for the help, I'm not sure why I had so much trouble finding that site. I couldn't google it, unless it was buried 4 pages back... I've heard the valve problem before, but I don't have a valve wrench. Any idea where I can get one? How did you resolve the dirt in the valve problem? It started in Montana in August, so it was windy and dusty at that time. Dirt in the valve could certainly be the culprit.

6. Jerry Daschofsky

Media:
    Home Page:
    You can get one at any whitewater shop (valve wrench that is). Swiftwater in Seattle is a good one to go to.

Just take a brush and clean around the valve. Then blow it out. Make sure the valve is open when you do it so it'll get to any dirt underneath.

7. toadthedry

toadthedry Member

As far as the dirt in the valvue problem, i ended up sending the pontoon back both times as I wanted to make sure it got done right and wasn't sure what was wrong prior to sending it in. however, there must be a better way to go about it and would be interest if anyone has ideas on preventing this from occurring and also fixing it at home.
    Mike

8. Jerry Daschofsky

Media:
    Home Page:
    Toad and others. This is where a valve wrench really comes in handy. Actually, I'm surprised I never mentioned one on a "must have". I always have one on board, it's as essential as a repair kit for your tubes (and keep a spare valve on hand). Just takes a second to unscrew the valve out and clean it out. Can wash it out if you want, or just brush both sides out. Not hard to do, and sure that's all they do at the factory. Unless the valve is shot.

9. Sageman

Sageman Member

If this works, I owe you a beer....

10. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Is Swiftwater still in business?

I have not been in their neighborhood for a while and the web site seems to have gone away.
    I have not talked to Dana for some time. I guess he is still active in the NWFA

11. Ray Pelland

Ray Pelland Member

I need to make this more readable and with some pics.

12. PT

PT Physhicist

This thread is 5 years old. Dana sold Swiftwater a couple years ago.

13. Ray Pelland

Ray Pelland Member

I guess he's got his leak fixed by now.

Kinda new here. I just looked at the active thread list and jumped in. Still, the info may be useful for someone.