Outcast Power Drifter

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Andy, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Andy Workin in a sweet mullet

Columbia River Gorge
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Whats up guys?
    Does anyone have any experience with one of these boats? They look pretty badass. (they kinda look like an inflatable canoe). I am thinking about picking one up, but I dont know how stable they would be in hairy water. They do look like they would be great for a float/camp situation and for the Yak, cause you can stand up on them and fish.

Vegas Baby, Vegas
  2. Stephen Rice Senior Member

Wasilla, Alaska
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I saw a couple of them going down the East Fork of the Lewis last week. They seem to handle well and there were a couple of hairy spots. I couldn't tell how it would do for fishing cause the guys weren't fishing. I would like to try one myself. it looks wierd going down the river cause I am used to seeing people sitting inside of the craft instead of above it.
  3. Andy Workin in a sweet mullet

Columbia River Gorge
    That would be great if I could get a boat that allowed me to stand and fish, would keep me above the water and was stable going through some rapids. Heres a picture of one if you dont know what I am talking about.

[IMG]
  4. Jason Baker Member

Ft. Mill, SC
    Call Clark at Puget Sound Fly Co. (425)839-4119 as he has used you from their Outcast rep and had some good pros and cons about the raft.
  5. Monk Redneck

Marblemount, WA
    What's the damage on something like that?
  6. sean Member

Seattle,WA
    When i was checking these out a couple years ago my impression was that outcast was saying they should only be used in stillwater or very slow moving rivers. They are not whitewater boats which is why I went with a watermaster.

-sean
  7. Andy Workin in a sweet mullet

Columbia River Gorge
    They run about $1000, if you paid retail
  8. spanishfly Steelberg

Issaquah, WA, USA.
    Check out this clip.

Dennis,
  9. spanishfly Steelberg

Issaquah, WA, USA.
    DOH! Didn't work...I found a video clip that gave a review on the power drifter looks cool!
  10. Surf_Candy Member

Bainbridge Island, WA.
    NW Angler on Bainbridge IS has these in the store - not sure if they have been using them on their guided trips or not - might be worth a call. My kids played in the demo boat - my gut says it would not be as laterally stable as a pontoon boat.

Surf
  11. LeakyTiki Member

Tulalip, Wa, USA
    Hows it hangin' Andy?,

Those do look bad ass. I want one. A guy can never have enough fishin' rigs I always say.
    And look at all that room fore + aft for coolers and what not so a guy could keep his PBRs icey cold. :beer2:
    I don't know if I'd want to run much classlll water in it but she looks like a mighty fine still water/slow water craft.

Peace,
    LT :cool:
  12. Anil Active Member

Tacoma, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +205 / 6
    If any of you are thinking about a ‘Power Drifter,’ we have a demo boat in the shop right now. Give one a try. I was very impressed by this boat. Having never given the ‘Power Drifter’ much thought before, it was a very nice surprise.
    Anil
    www.pugetsoundflyco.com