Outcast Stealth Pro on CII & easy CIII?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Thomas Mitchell, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I kayaked for a number of ears up to IV, maybe IV+ so I know what serious water looks like. I also know a framed pontoon would be safer for anything like real III and drier on any WW at all. However, for the easy stuff and the odd lake trip, a boat I can just chuck in the back of my truck would be very attractive.

I'm trying to find some reviews, user input on the Stealth Pro on class II and easy III: Yakima, Sky, Skagit, Lower Hoh, below the Bogey hatchery, etc.

Much appreciated.

2. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

Thomas, do a "search" on this forum for reviews. I believe someone posted about that raft a month or so ago.

3. SteveA

SteveA Gnu to the board

Thomas - I can't give you first hand experience, but I recently purchased the Stealth and can tell you what I found out in my research. I spoke to people at the fly shop where I purchased the boat. My criteria for rivers was whether I could reasonably take it down the Smith River in Montana. I was told that although I may want a backup raft for gear, the Stealth would have no problem handling those class II waters. I'm not a white water guy so I doubt I will push the white water envelope but do feel like I've got plenty of boat for what I need. I did get a good PFD to go with it but that's more a reflection of my caution and lack of confidence. :)

You might also call Outcast. They are very helpful. I called them during my research phase but didn't ask this particular question.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

4. Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Thanks Steve. Be sure to post a review when you get some time in it.

I'm not a whitewater guy either (any more) and one of the big benefits to a light boats is being able to much more easily portage stuff that you absolutely have to row.

I'll give Outcast a call.