Outcast Stealth Pro portability

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by SteveA, Mar 20, 2014.

1. SteveA

SteveA Gnu to the board

Asked this question elsewhere but no response. Thought I'd try a new thread.

How portable is the stealth? Once partially or fully deflated would it fit in the back of a small SUV (Subie Forester), or better yet would it fit in a 6' Thule car top carrier? Will this boat fold end-over-end, crosswise and sideways into a relatively neat package or is it not quite that portable?

2. Patrick Allen

Patrick Allen Active Member

I have the scout which is same size and weight. I believe it wouldn't be a problem to fold a couple times. That being said the foot rest is a royal pain in the ass to put on. I can't imagine doing it every time. Also it takes a while to pump up with my K-200. It holds a lot of air

Good luck

3. SteveA

SteveA Gnu to the board

I've got an order in for the Scout but trying to decide whether to upgrade to the Stealth. Want to make sure I don't get more boat than I can reasonably transport. I see Outcast sells some duffels for storage of pontoon boats. That implies to me that they are pretty pliable and would likely fit in the back of my car.

Patrick - How do you like the Scout?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

4. Patrick Allen

Patrick Allen Active Member

I have only inflated it and installed the foot rest. I only got it 2 weeks ago and I'm still in steelhead mode so it will have to wait till early April for the Mayden voyage. The shell seems of high quality materials. I thought about the stealth but find it hard to justify the extra cash. Between my raft, my super fat cat and now the scout I don't see using it more than 5-6 times a year.

5. Mike Ediger

Mike Ediger Active Member

Media:
    The stealth is 6 inches wider and 1 foot longer than the scout but they are the same weight. Outcast told me they are made to roll up if you need to, and designed to pack into the ruffles for travel. Not sure how functional the duffel would be after it's wet and been on the lake but at least you know it can be compacted into much smaller size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

According to my outcast mag. the stealth pro is 57" wide by 8" long and the tube diameter is 16.25" and the bladder is urethane and weighs 35 lbs...the same as the commander. The scout is 55" wide and 7' long tube diameter is also 16.25" the bladder vinyl and also weighs 35 lbs. I understand that Reds will be renting them (the scout) and will apply the first rental towards purchase price so it might be worth testing one before you purchase one.

Does anyone have experience using the Stealth on moving water and fishing while moving? How well does it track, especially when finning ?

7. SteveA

SteveA Gnu to the board

I made some more phone calls, including Outcast, and decided to go with the Stealth. Obviously, deflation will be necessary to fit in smaller spaces but it is reasonably feasible. I like the idea of using straps to help compress the boat when needed.

This is my first boat bigger than a Fish Cat float tube so I expect ignorance to work in my favor and I will be very satisfied.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

8. Darryl Pahl

Darryl Pahl Active Member

That being said the foot rest is a royal pain in the ass to put on. I can't imagine doing it every time.

I agree, the first time took about ten minutes and two people. But a quick spray with Pam on the foot rest peg - the food non-stick spray stuff, and that problem goes away. I slip a zip tie through the hole at the bottom of the foot rest peg just to be sure it doesn't go anywhere.

9. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    I had the Renegade which is the same size and I drive a Suzuki Grand Vitara. Small car! I could put the Renegade with the seat area inflated (because it made it easier to move) in the back easy. I just folded the tips over the seat. I also packed in the back a long handle net, flippers, oars, four rods, oars, battery, motor mount, and motor and still had the passenger seat open. Probably could put another set up in as well. I have a rolling duffle as well. Pain in the behind to use it all the time but for storage or long trips it is worth every penny.