Outcast Trinity

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by kpsully, Mar 4, 2004.

1. kpsully Member

Ellensburg, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Anyone know about this float tube? It's new from Outcast, and appears to be designed for hike-in fishing (it's only 6 lbs.). I believe this replaces their old Backpacker Lite model. Just curious to know if anyone has seen it, used it, etc.:dunno
  2. gotchasr Member

Kirkland, WA, USA.
    I saw it the other day at Avid Angler. They had a couple of them. They are very, very light and look like they are well made. I was actually thinking I might need to get one for some of the hike-in lakes I go to.
  3. orkila Member

Seattle
    Love my Wood River Company Stealthrider VBoat float tube and it is 5lbs. Great pc of equipment handmade by Pete & Vanessa Ross in CA. Check out www.woodrivercompany.com.
    :thumb
  4. kpsully Member

Ellensburg, WA, USA.
    Do those have an inflatable seat like the Outcast?
  5. Chris Stokesbary Member

Issaquah, WA.
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I have one...it's outstanding. Can't wait to hike it around this summer up on Weyerhaeuser property.

Comes with pack and pump, both fit in with room to spare.

Now if I could just figure out where to catch trout on the Yakima in Cle Elum my life will be complete.
  6. Preston Active Member

Ratings: +356 / 0
    Outcast sent me one after the Denver show for a product review; unfortunately that coincided with the onset of bad weather so I haven't had a chance to try it out. It's very light and comes with its own backpack and even a pump. I may have to make a run over to Lenice just to try it out. Just looking at it, I'd say it's very well-designed for packing considerable distances and it appears to be well-made (as one would expect from Outcast).
  7. orkila Member

Seattle
    No, the Stealthrider does not but it has a nice little removable 4" wide pad that velcro's to the front of the seat and helps reduce wader wear and chafing on the back of your thigh. I add one of those little inflatable ThermaRest seats, fits perfectly. It's nice to have it on hike-in lakes to sit on before and after while changing clothes. Does double duty for a pad at sporting events. My only complaint with the Stealthrider is the lack of a large dump valve for deflating. Unless you want to spend 10 minutes laying on it and forcing the air out the quickest way is to hook up the 2 way pump and suck the air out. The advantage to this is the tube can then be rolled tightly and put into a small waterproof stuff sack.
    Doesn' take up much space in your pack and keeps everything else around it from getting wet on the hike oout.:thumb