Outdoor Pranks and Jokes

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by Bonefish Jack, May 25, 2010.

1. P.Dieter

P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Media:
    Home Page:
    It was more complicated than that. We needed it recorded so we couldn't wait forever so we needed a way to get him to go over to his tent on cue. It was early, not much whiskey involved it wasn't needed. (I saw the mount while it was still in the car and my heart still skipped and I stepped back). One of the best parts of it was that a cougar was actually sighted earlier in the day so that discussion was already on people's minds.

Steve said that the only thing that ended up bringing him back to earth was finally registering the hysterical laughter.

There are no invitations to Burning Pram, you either show up or you don't. But if you do show up bring an extra pair of underwear.

2. Andrew Lawrence

Andrew Lawrence Active Member

3. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Media:
    We used to ride years ago with the Sacramento Bike Hikers, who have an annual coast tour, around two hundred miles over highway 1 in the Mendocino area. One of the guys, who was a city boy, left a bag of beef jerky in his tent, and that night, one of the resident "woods kitties" decided to gnaw through the tent wall for the slim jims. Poor ol` Gabe came outta the tent like a Roman candle! So next year, we got one of those cloth hand puppets, tied it to some mono, and hid it under some of the clothes in his tent. After riding fifty or sixty miles along highway 1, up and down hills, dodging logging trucks, you're pretty tired, and he decided to crash while it was still light. A few judicious tugs on the mono, and ol` Gabe came outta the tent like a Roman candle......again!!

4. brodie

brodie Member

I took my two sons backpacking a few years ago. When I got up in the morning, much earlier than them, I found rock formations around the tent,Blair Witch style. One of them had sneeked out during the night and set them up. It had me thinking for awhile.

5. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

My Dad and his buddy took myself and his buddies son backpack fishing into a little lake.
    We set up camp where there was a trail leading to the lake.
    That nite Dad and Bob had told some scary stories (cop stories) about campers getting beaten etc.
    Very early that AM while it was still dark all hell broke loose with Dad and Bob shouting at what ever to get out of there.
    We were not in tents so I stayed curled up in my sleeping bag until the noise was over.
    Dad and Bob ask if everybody was all right. Sure no problem.
    Well, Dad and Bob put their bags in the trail that lead to the lake and when the herd of elk came to drink.
    I guess the joke was on Dad and Bob.
    Now, how I got those elk to play the game, I ain't tell'in
    The only thing that got hurt was the coffee pot. The elk kicked the shit out of it.

6. Citori

Citori Piscatorial Engineer

stringing up cans with pebbles in them as a bear alarm perimeter is always good for a laugh. Tie a leader to the string and back to your bedroll. A few tugs in the night will have everybody awake and ready to move out...

7. jergensCsquad

jergensCsquad Joe's brother

Media:
  8. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Now if someone knows these "family members" & clued one in so they could swap the milk duds for the bona fide, THAT would be a classic prank . . .

9. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

Me and my "doggie", coming soon to your secluded campsite.
    Sleep well kiddies.:rofl:

10. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

Media:
    u always have the words of wisdom :p

11. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

place a bicycle inner tube into one of the sleeping bags--- share snake stories around the camp fire before bed. The reaction can be really wild when a foot rubs up against the tube.

12. tbuck6568

tbuck6568 broke

Hiking, camping, fishing, shooting in Montana June 2005.

My brother, my friend (who was not much of an outdoorsman), and I were had been up all night drinking heavily. My brother and I woke up early and started cooking a breakfast which contained bacon. The smell lured in somebody's half breed wolf/husky. The dog was hungry and friendly. My friend was still asleep. My brother and I opened up his tent, removed his rifle, and he didn't move a muscle. We placed a piece of bacon near my friend's ear. He woke up to a large "wolf" licking him. He screamed "WTF?!" and ran for his life. I still have never seen anyone move that fast. My brother and I spent the rest of the day suffering from laughter induced stomach cramps.

I wish I would've had a stuffed cougar for that one.

Tom

13. BioManDan

BioManDan New Member

This one got me up on the Selway a few years back... After having a few beers around the campfire it was time to visit the tree line. Since I was with my then girlfriend, now wife, I figured it would be polite to wander a little farther from the fire light than usual. As I'm standing there doing my thing I swear I keep seeing something glowing in the trees just up the trail. Believing it to be a product of too much sun earlier that day combined with the brew I just shrugged it off. But then I see it again, very clearly, something glowing in the tree's and now its moving around a bit. I quickly scooted back to the camp, zipping along the way, and spent the rest of the evening drinking water and watching the tree line. The next morning I walked back up the trail only to find some joker had placed one of those glow-in-the-dark Casper ghosts way up in the tree. Wouldn't have noticed it by day, but on a dark night it made for a good prank.

14. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Media:
    We had a major bike ride with Sacramento Bike Hikers, called the Coast Tour-a week of 40-60 mile days, a u-haul to put our camping gear in, and community cooking. One of the guys, who'd never been to the coast before, brought a bag of jerkey and left it in his tent at night at Russian Gulch campground. He was rudely awakened by a large skunk, which had gnawed thru the side of his tent to score the jerkey, and exited thru the tent door without unzipping it. Next year, we got a stuffed skunk and attached it to some mono, and hid it under some of his stuff in the tent. A few twitches on the mono, and ol` Gabe came right out of the tent again-through the zipped screen door!! Laughed our asses off at that one!!

15. jimmie

jimmie New Member

After all asleep start a recording of a train in the distance getting closer and closer (like coming through the tent) to camp.

16. The Nomad

The Nomad New Member

Couple of years ago a buddy & I were in the midst of an ongoing exchange of practical jokes. We all went camping one weekend in May, so on the Saturday night I waited until he and his wife had walked down to the washroom. Zipped over to their hardtop tent trailer, mixed a box of cat chow with a bottle of pancake syrup and spread it all over the roof of their trailer. First light Sunday morning they had 40 to 50 crows on their roof squabbling and fighting over the food, and pecking hard on the roof to pry the chow off. His wife thought it was hilarious, although Gary wasn't impressed much, We did agree to call a truce after that little incident however.