Outdoor Washington??

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by Foothillstrout, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Foothillstrout Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    I just moved to the Area in July and I am a religious viewer of Outdoor Idaho, and just started watching Oregon Field Guide. I was wondering Is there an Outdoor Washington TV show? I think these public television are a great way to become informed about the area's available to the public and what they have to offer. I can't wait to explore some of these that have already been highlighted but would love to learn about what my new state offers. If the programing area matters I moved into the Spokane area.
  2. Big E Moderator

Coon Bay
    Ratings: +364 / 0
    Only one I have seen is Outdoor GPS (I think) but it concentrates mostly on OR. There is a radio program though called Outdoor Line...dunno the details of it but heard it was pretty good.
  3. Steffan Brown ...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +64 / 0
    Outdoor Line is on 710AM on Saturday and Sunday mornings here in the Seattle area. I'm not sure if it's the same in Spokane though.
  4. Foothillstrout Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    Thanks for the info. Sad that their isn't a TV show dedicated to the ample outdoor opportunities in Washington. Looks like I will try to find that radio show tomorrow morning.
  5. Greg Armstrong Active Member

Pugetropolis
    Ratings: +358 / 0
    Foothills,
    Welcome to WA.
    My best advice is to get a few good maps, grab your gear and go explore. Our state is so varied that it's really hard to go wrong wherever you go, and it's more satisfying when you discover your new favorite spots on your own. I've spent a lifetime doing just that, and there are still many places I haven't been to yet. It's a big state with so much variety.
    Enjoy your quest, just take care of what you find along the way!
  6. Stewart Skunk Happens

Spokane
    Ratings: +48 / 0
    Nothing really on TV that I can think of, but for a good start check out Rich Landers blog. Longtime writer for the Spokesman. He also has a book or two out.

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/outdoors/
  7. tediousthumper Hello My name is Thad and Im addicted to flyfishin

Vancouver
    Ratings: +39 / 0
    Yes they have a show, It's called "Northwest Backroads". But nothing is like "The feild guide" Those guys are the best at what they do, and they are in Oregon which is such a photogenic state. Steve Amen right... I feel like I've been watching his show for decades, cool dude.