Outnumbered at PNP

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by miyawaki, Jul 18, 2012.

1. I stopped at Point No Point yesterday morning at the low slack and saw this funny scene.

Leland. Outnumbered.JPG

KevinLS, Alexander and Bob Triggs like this.
  2. Boats were out in full force this morning too. Plenty of beach fisherman too though. Any action?

3. They look to building a floating bridge to Whidbey Island for you.

Jeff Dodd likes this.
  4. Mid Channel Bank and Port Townsend Bay looked like a fleet of Clorox bottles, fishing at the edge of the shipping traffic lane in the fog today. I hear that the numbers have been good for the Chinnook fishermen out there.

5. hahhahahahaha wow i would have taken my canou just to drive the boats nuts.

6. I wonder if that lone beach angler standing there feels like an "elitist." I'm not sure if he's a fly angler. I think I can see the wrappings for the eyelets on his rod. They look too large and too few for a fly rod.

7. Do you prefer to fish PnP at low or high tide...Thanks!

8. Not necessarily a high or a low as much the flood (incoming) and ebb (outgoing). ie moving water and not the slacks, if you get what I mean. All beaches are different in that some fish better on the flood and some on the ebb. PNP always has moving water except at the high and low slacks.

9. Thanks Leland. I enjoyed the cutts and chum seminar that you helped with.

10. 38 boats this morning

11. It's an annual tradition

12. Bet if that guy on the beach would have hooked one, he'd been swarmed.

13. Leland is a jeans guy.

14. double post

15. All those boats there because of the other thread! ;) Those are all forum lurkers that decided it was time to hit it. They must have figured that after all the hot action in the thread, that that particular water must be worth hitting if not no one would care enough to get bent ;)

16. Caught my first salmon as a child just to the left of that pic.38 years ago.fished out of dads boat every year.Used to occasionally see somebody shore fishing.Now it is almost like the boats are the odd man out.