Oversized photo attachments

Discussion in 'New Features, Site News, Issues Info.' started by Old Man, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,622 / 0
    Why is it whenever I click on the pictures in the threads,thumbnails. The pictures are almost life size. I mean that they are big/huge. Bigger than my screen. Is there some way I can get them to come in smaller. And being that they are so big it takes a life time to load.

Jim
  2. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +293 / 0
    It's up to the person uploading the photos to decide how large the images should be.
  3. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    hey old man they always seem to download really big, but once they are done they downsize themselves and then from there on the lower right hand corner, if your cursor is on the picture, a little square will pop up allowing you to make the picture bigger or smaller.
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Mike,it doesn't seem to work that way on my computer. Well If I have to look at them life size so be it.

You would think that in this age of computers there woud be such a thing as to let you size things to your viewing pleasure. I did a look at that picture of the bug and I had a finger take up the whole screen. But not to worry unless the bugs actually get as big as it was in the picture. :rofl:

Jim
  5. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +293 / 0
    Jim,

The function Mike speaks of is specific to the version of browser you're using. You might consider installing an updated browser version, which has the feature to display oversized photos down to the size of your browser window.

Chris
  6. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Thank's for the advice,but my skills on this computer are just turning it on and off. But you would think that as how long I've been banging on it I would pick some of this stuff up. :beathead: . Short term memory :beathead:

Jim