Pack for Camera and Gear

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by A2H, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Any recommendations on a pack that's good for holding your DSLR, a flash, and your fly fishing equipment?

Specifically, a backpack that has a camera section and a fly box/gear section.

What would be cool, is a waterproof camera section for the base of the bag, and an upper section for flies and such. My internet search hasn't been successful.

What do y'all use? Currently, I'm using a fishpond bag for all my fly gear, and a camera backpack for my camera gear. But it's getting a little ridiculous having to carry two bags. Trying to consolidate.

2. There really isn't a purpose built flyfishing/camera bag. The lowpro dryzone rover is the closest thing to what you are looking for. You might also check out the Sagebrush Dry Goods Hip/Deck pack which is what I use most often.

3. Thanks, the Sagebrush Hip/Deck pack looks pretty cool.

4. Many thanks for the suggestions!

5. Another vote for the Sagebrush. Their stuff is pretty bomber.

6. Or just grab a dry bag for your camera and put it in your favorite bag you allready have.

7. check out fishpond!

8. I've used the Sagebrush with a DSLR and gear in really crappy conditions on long day hikes into wilderness settings. It's a great pack.