WTB Pack/Travel Rod 5wt 9ft

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Borgs, May 1, 2013.

1. Borgs dude

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I am traveling to Ecuador this summer/early fall and want a six or more piece travel rod (18in sections or smaller). If someone is willing to loan or temporarily trade that would best or I can buy if the price is cheap enough. I am a student on a pretty tight budget.

Thanks
    Borgs
  2. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +184 / 6
    Hi Borgs, I have a 5wt. 9' 7 pc. rod that will work for you. I built it for backpacking and have only used it a couple times. It's built on a Rainshadow Forecast blank and the sections are 17" long. It's not a work of art but it works. You are welcome to borrow it. Just pay for the shipping or meet up somewhere and get it back to me when you're done with it. Steve
    Jeff Dodd, Jase and JesseCFowl like this.
  3. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +772 / 0
    Pretty cool of your Steve.

If for some reason that doesn't work out, you should check out the Cabela's stowaway rod series. They're not a fast action rod, which I actually enjoyed a bit. I've since replaced it with a pricier 5pc Sage SP after the Cabela's rod broke.... but for the price the Stowaway is actually a great little option.
  4. Steve Unwin Active Member

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +93 / 0
    Agreed. I have the cabela's Stowaway in a 6wt and have found it to be nice. I would have offered it but I plan on doing some backpacking this summer. They can often be had on sale at cabela's, keep your eyes open!
  5. Borgs dude

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Thanks guys. Steve, PM sent.