Packwood/ Tri-Cities Fishing

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by Kyle Sponholtz, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Kyle Sponholtz TroutSlayer

Richland, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I might be going to the cabin in Packwood this weekend or staying home in Tri-Cities. Can anyone lend any advice to a few hot spots around both of these areas?:beer1: :beer1: :beer2:
  2. wrench Member

Libby, Mt, US.
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    If you live in the Tri-Cities and are not carp fishing, you should get ten lashes with and old bamboo fly rod.
    Packwood, the little cricks all have fish, have fun!
  3. FLYRODR Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Head for the waters around the mouth of the Yak out of Columbia Park. The entire area is teeming with huge carp. Every channel I came across this past weekend was full of fish; it was almost eerie the way these fish were crashing through the reeds and rolling everywhere. There are some great articles on this site covering tackle and techniques for these great gamefish!
  4. Mark Ritari Trouthunter

5. luv2fly2 Active Member

.othello
    Ratings: +28 / 0
    this weekend it is to be 100plus degrees in the tricities. do carp bite in the middle of the day when it is hot? what size tippet is normal? mike w
  6. Mark Ritari Trouthunter

Fishing for carp is best when it is bright and sunny, and the sun is right over head. I went fishing this evening around 6pm, but our shadow was really spooking the carp. We still managed to land a cpl each. When the sun is directly overhead, seeing the carp isnt a problem, and there is no shadow to spook them. Be sure to have polarized glasses and a hat though.

As far as tippet is concerned, i use 15 lb green maxima. Carp arent leader shy at all.

Carp love warm water, so temps in the 100s isnt an issue, just be sure to bring lots of H2O