Painting A Raft?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by boxcar, Dec 30, 2003.

1. I'm toying with the idea of painting my raft with neoprene paint. I've heard from a few people that the paint offers some additional protection against abrasion, pinhole leaks and can increase the longevity of a raft. Does anyone have any experience with this? I've checked the NRS website and couldn't find the paint in blue (though a good majority of their rafts are this color). Are there any Seattle area outfitters that might carry neoprene paint in blue? I've only checked Swiftwater. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

-Boxcar

2. Say it isn't so :D Paint the old Sprite? Have you been out scratching up my old baby Scott?

3. Email Maravia. They've been doing custom paint on their tubes for awhile now. They put multicolored flames on their rafts/catarafts. Pretty cool. They may be able to help you out. Or, they can lead you in the right direction.

4. No way Duggan...I've been treating her just fine ;) I just think pink would be a much better color on her, maybe with a purple trim. Actually, I'm just looking to do some proactive maintenance on the old Sprite...restore her youthfulness a bit. I talked to NRS the other day and they carry Hypalon paint in that classic NRS blue. I may go that direction.

Yep...me and the old Sprite had some fine times in 2003/ :D

5. Thanks for the suggestion Steelheader 69. That gets me thinking, how would the raft look with one of those Star Wars murals airbrushed on the side like some tricked out 80's van? I'm sure I'd be the only guy on the river with one of those.

6. I've seen some pretty wild stuff. It's all in as much as you want to do to it. Plus, if you can get multiple colors, well, not sure I want to see a "flower power" raft coming down the line. lol

7. Good to hear it Scott. I am happy she went to a good home. Anything but Purple and Gold would look good :D