Parking and looters

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by 10incher, Jun 26, 2013.

1. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Media:

Who fuckin' cares, the real action is with the dude makin' people run down the road in their birthday suits.

Bill Aubrey and Alex MacDonald like this.
  2. PT

PT Physhicist

No. You'd like to buy a tweaker some beer to make up for the fact that he was probably raised by loser parents and needs a handout. You'd also like for him to be comfortable while chugging down your beer. That's why you left the doors open and beer inside rather than just setting it outside and locking up.

I'm guessing it's nothing more than you have a guilty conscience. You think the wealthy should be taxed more to pay for those poor peoples habits so you're doing your small part to ease the burden you've been carrying around because you're some upper middle class white guy who should be paying more in taxes.....? Or, more likely, you're giving some poor tweaker some doughnuts and beer because you think someone just slightly more wealthy than you should be taxed more and taking care of the little loser but since they're not you're going to do your little part to try and get over your guilt....?

Am I close?

3. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Media:
    Game, set, and match to PT.

4. 10incher

10incher Active Member

Hardly. The guy deserved it. I'd do it again. I slept like a baby. Blah blah blah... For me it's more like an unfortunate reality. Just something a man had to do when it came time. Certainly not something to be proud of or brag about.

I came up on the wrong side. How else does someone end up in that position? Distinctly NOT upper middle class. You missed. People often mistake me for educated or from a good upbringing because I have a vocabulary and the ability to reason.

As far as the beer... You know that scene in the corny movies where the burglar throws a steak so the dog will chase it? It's more like that. I'm only interested in my own goals. Fishing. Not hunting people.

If you guys want to PM me where you'll be fishing I can skip the empty car/beer plan. I'll just go where you guys do. Then I'll know someone is armed, hiding in the woods and watching the cars instead of fishing ;)

5. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Media:
    I came up with the ultimate solution!!! Screw the beer for tweakers. Leave the van unlocked with a dozen or two doughnuts. The place will be crawling with cops by the time you get back from fishing.

6. constructeur

Media:
    or fat kids...

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  7. PT

PT Physhicist

10"er...........

10incher likes this.
  8. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Media:
    Or fat cops.

K

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  9. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Laced with strychnine maybe.

10. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Media:
    Damn!! You REALLY hate cops!!!

Bill Aubrey and constructeur like this.
  11. shadowcast

shadowcast Member

Any attorneys on this board?

What I'm wondering is, what exactly are you legally allowed to do in situations involving theft or destruction to one's property? It's more clear in my mind if there's a threat to one's own person, but what about material items? Yell at them and request they desist with a cherry on top? What if the object is your wife/girlfriend? i.e. what is another party legally allowed to do? (The London beheading comes to mind).

12. 10incher

10incher Active Member

A cop once told me that a law is only a law if your caught breaking it. Ergo, you can do whatever you want to. As long as you don't get caught or are willing to accept the consequences. On the not getting caught note, guns are noisy.

And as to leaving doughnuts. I'm not sure if I can choose between cops and tweakers for company.

13. shadowcast

shadowcast Member

Can you elaborate? I'm not sure if I'm understanding that correctly.

I only ask because someone once assaulted my mom right in front of me. I was so shocked and surprised at the time that I froze, so it was over before I could intervene. But as a descendent of the Wallace clan, two minutes later I wanted to go back and kill the f$%##@.

I hope I'm not straying from the original topic, but just wondered if any of you have been in this kind of situation and how you reacted. That London event, where people just stood there (video recording) like sheep while one of their servicemen was beheaded struck me as shamefully pathetic. That woman who attempted to "reason" with those butchers was lauded as hero, but I think it was just plain stupid and lucky. I realize there's little an unarmed citizen can do in the face of a machete, but seeing it on video gave it a unique perspective. Sorry to digress from the OP; these kinds of things came to mind since we're also discussing how we "deal" with perpetrators and our property.

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  14. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

If you're contemplating carrying a firearm for personal and property protection, the two "must read" books are:
    Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities by Dave Workman, andIn the Gravest Extreme, The Role of the Firearm in Personal Protection by Massad Ayoob.
    Workman can be read in a couple hours, Ayoob in a day. I read them every other year in average. In a nut shell though, only in a rare situation would it be acceptable (legal) to shoot someone running away, even if he has the family treasure. There's much more but the key thought is only if you or someone else is in peril.

15. shadowcast

shadowcast Member

No I'm not considering carrying, although I'm certainly all in favor of it for those who want to. Nor would I threaten someone with one for stealing my stuff. I carry a holstered fixed blade for life and death scenarios. But I'd be interested to know what we can legally do to protect someone else. Legalities probably go over my head...

16. PT

PT Physhicist

I wouldn't be looking to a flyfishing forum for that kind of information.

"Yes, your honor. Iflyforfun on WFF.com said it was legal to chase someone down and stab them in the back for stealing a 6 pack of Oatmeal Stout from my unlocked car." ;)

Bill Aubrey likes this.
  17. constructeur

Media:
    Poor PT; doesn't even know that real lives are lived out on this here interwebs, and that this shit really matters!!

and who brings up Oatmeal stout when it's like 85 degrees out? ROOKIE!

18. PT

PT Physhicist

Ever hear of breakfast?

19. shadowcast

shadowcast Member

Fair enough. Just thinking outloud, really.

20. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Media:
    If you can park without the tweakers seeing you park, put a sign in the window, "Honey, I'll be back in a minute. Love, Alex"

Bill Aubrey and 10incher like this.