Pass Lake 1/24

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by jonbackman, Jan 25, 2014.

1. jonbackman Member

Mt. Vernon
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    I went out to Pass yesterday. 4-5 others fishing while I was there. Didn't see anyone with a fish on. I spent a good part of my day working around the lake with streamers, as I prefer to do. Slowest day I've ever had. No fish, no strikes, and no followers. I changed it up for a bit and slow trolled around the back end of the lake. Got one lethargic bump but no hookup. Finally, I set up with an indicator/chironomid. I watched my bobber for about 20-30 minutes and it didn't budge. So I headed back to the launch, flipping a streamer toward some brushy banks, which again yielded nothing. Long, cold day, and my most challenging outing to Pass in a long time. I did find a couple of choice patterns snagged on a submerged branch near the launch, so I retrieved them. Looks like the synthetic material flies are really evolving! Let me know if you lost these at Pass Lake, I'd be happy to have a WDFW officer return them to you. image.jpg
    Chris Johnson and Irafly like this.
  2. bakerite Active Member

Baker City Oregon
    Ratings: +74 / 0
    I sure hope this doesn't mean some *&$%^ planted bass in there and was trying to find out how they were doing!
  3. Steve Kokita FISHON206

Burien, Washington
    Ratings: +135 / 0
    Dust em for prints.....jerks!
  4. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,033 / 1
    Uh, sorry about that, those are mine, just using my 10wt switch with an extreme shooting head to try to scare me up some of those monster browns. ;)

Ignorance is an amazing thing that we all suffer from, but some folks certainly do suffer worst than others.

Thanks for the report, bummer it wasn't a better day for you out there, but I like how you didn't give up and you kept trying different things. My last time out was slowish as well with only a couple of key places producing fish.
  5. troutdopemagic Active Member

Lake Stevens, Washington
    Ratings: +134 / 0
    I don't know how many times I've seen people fishing conventional tackle at that turnout right as you come up to the launch.

I fished it a couple weeks back and similar results with the streamer, 5-6 follows but no committal.
  6. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6

Ira, you must have a HUGE bobber to fish that spinner bait vertical. :eek:
    Irafly likes this.
  7. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,033 / 1
    There, I fixed it for you.
    Islander likes this.
  8. Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +264 / 0
    You two are talking about fishing, right?
    Islander likes this.