Pass Lake 10/8

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Sean Beauchamp, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Sean Beauchamp

Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Media:
    i got off work at 3:30 today and all my gear was still in the back of the sube so I thought... what the hell lets hit the lake again :D. Bluebird skies after a front seem to usually dampen the fishing but I figured I would give it a go and see what I could figure out.

I started working the highway side until I saw someone camped out in yesterdays prime water, so I decided to cross over to the point and work my way down from there. I hit my first fish (another 14" leaping bow) on a silver and black minnow tossed way up under some tree limbs. I was stoked about the cast, the ensuing swirl was just the icing on the cake. I crossed back over to the highway cove and started pounding the water trying to figure something out. I picked up a couple smallish 13" browns on a couple different patterns fished in completely different zones with completely different retrieves :confused:. i was starting to run out of daylight and I still hadnt figure anything out. I switched to an all white bugger and started concentrating on the deeper stickups off shore. I made a cast let it sink a bit and fished the fly back with really erratic strips and pauses and things started to happen. I nailed a few of those 13" cookie cutters before I put the hooks into something with some weight. :eek: After a couple runs she ran straight below my and wallowed around below my feet. I took a few minutes to turn her back towards the surface where my net was waiting. She wasnt as long as I was expecting but jesus was she packed to the gills with minnows. Id say close to 3lbs at only 19" long. straight porker! i had one more hook up trolling my way back but it came loose right away.

2. Blake Stiller

Blake Stiller Member

Media:
    Nice fish! I was the loser at the boat launch in waders because i still dont have a trailer for my drift boat.