Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pass Lake 9/21

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LeakyTiki 
#1 ·
I went over to Pass Lake yesterday and met up with Leaki Tiki for the afternoon. Started fishing around 12:00. The fishing was a little slow, but I managed to bring in 4 fish and lose 3 or 4 more. All rainbows. I didn't see many fish caught the whole time I was there.
The highlight of the day was when I was casting a zonker to the shoreline and I had a big fish boil on my fly 2 seconds after it hit the water. I missed him, so I moved on and came back 10 minutes later. I made a cast into the same spot and as soon as it hit the water, he jumped halfway out for it and I got him that time. It was a nice 18" rainbow. :thumb:
I had the most luck with a small hares ear casted out and stripped back on my type III line. I didn't try any night fishing because I forgot my headlamp, but it would have been a good evening for it.

#3 ·
Pass Lake

LadyBug and I met up with Diehard, aka Justin, on a beautiful fall afternoon.
There were about 8 others besides our group, enjoying the warm sun and
flinging a fly or 2.

Now I'd like to tell ya the fishing was red hot, and we caught huge browns but that wasn't my experience.

We all did managed to catch a few fiesty Rainbows to 18" and lose at least as many. :cool:

Nice to meet ya Justin, sorry about calling you Jason, I should stick to DieHard ;)

All in all, a nice day at Pass Lake,
LT :beer2:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.