Pass Lake eagle makes the news...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Roper, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Just shows that people who make videos of themselves and then post them on the internet may be a card or two short of a full deck.

Sg

underachiever likes this.
  2. underachiever

underachiever !

Media:
    Nice photo

3. 10incher

10incher Active Member

A lot of whooping it up about NOTHING! Even if the guy went to the market, bought a farm raised trout carcass and baited that eagle... So the "F" what!?! That eagle does this for a living. The guy doesn't want to catch the eagle. Just get it on film. I was recently dogged by two eagles at Ebey's landing on Whidbey. They had seen me catch a fish and one waited FIFTEEN FEET BEHIND ME!!! watching for me to pull another fish out. It was actually a little unnerving. I ended up tossing them the 18" lings I was catching so they would go away. Once I fed the one dogging me the other took it's place in line. Each got one fish. At face value that's illegal. Feeding those fish to the eagles is basically keeping them and misusing them. Not to mention the "harassing wildlife" charges proposed in that video. I'm planning on doing it again though. But I'll bring store fish. I think my wife would get a real kick out of it. The eagles were taking fish six feet from me! I could feel the wind from their wings! What a thing to share with your significant other and the eagles get a treat. Who get's hurt? What's the problem?