Pass Lake flies??

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by flytyerboy95, Nov 13, 2007.

1. uncledave

uncledave corkie stare blind

blake is full of fishcrap

2. Ryan Francis

Ryan Francis HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF ME, BUT THINKING

BLAKE YOU REMIND ME OF THE SHERRIFF FROM BLAZING SADDLES

3. uncledave

Blake your friends all agree, you are a legend in your own mind

4. Blake Stiller

Blake Stiller Member

legend or not, i'll still outfish you ;)

5. flytyerboy95

flytyerboy95 Future fly fishing guide

wow ok very off subject ??????

6. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

wow ok very off date ????

7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

No matter what you use at that lake. If you have confidence in the fly it will work for you. It's like going to another state an asking what works here in the way of flies.

I have found out that what I used in Washington works here in Montana. You just have to go to smaller flies. But they are the same fly.

Jim

8. fishinmusician

fishinmusician New Member

Best fishing I ever remember at Pass Lake was fishing flying ants in the fall. This was years ago but I'll bet it still happens. I recall using a red humpy the first day I was there during the "hatch" then tying some flies that were a better match. This event was localized at the far end of the lake from the launch. Has anyone else run into this. Jeff

9. Broderick Smith

Broderick Smith SeaToTree

This thread rose from the dead...

I'm heading over to Pass Lake on Sunday for the 1st time to float around and fish...looking forward to this one.

Recommendations on flies? Can I successfully fish a streamer with floating line this time of year or does someone have a better set-up for a March weekend?

10. uncledave

bloodworm fished static at 8 to 10 feet.

11. Islander

Islander Steve

I think you would be better off with a sink-tip. The fish are really hitting chrono's and blood worms right now near the bottom. If you have any weighted leech patterns I would fish those as well. There have been some reports of fish on the surface this week though, so give it a try. If nothing hits, go deeper.

12. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Yeah, they was some surface activity when I was there Wed afternoon\evening. But not much to get excited about.

We did best on size 14 to 18 green chironomids. Didn't get to mix things up to figure out the best depth, retreive (or lack of), etc. I was with my boys, and we got a few just watching indicators with flies 6 to 10ft down.

13. Blake Stiller

Blake Stiller Member

I was there last weekend in the afternoon and i only caught two but there was a boat next to me with an elderly couple in it and in the two hours or so i was there fishing i saw them each bring atleast 15 to hand and the same amount or more of missed takes. They were fishing something under and indicator, a dual fly setup, as was i, but i couldnt seem to figure out the right color and or depth. I was using a small black chironomid with a blood worm dropper and caught them on the black fly.

14. flytyerboy95

flytyerboy95 Future fly fishing guide

sup guys long time no post i will be heading out tomorow and will bring back report