Pass Lake- has it cleared up?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Kaari White, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Kaari White Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +31 / 0
    Anyone know if Pass has cleared up? I was there two weeks ago and it was like pea soup. The fishing wasn't bad, but there weren't any bigguns cruising the shallows like they normally are this time of year.
  2. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,051 / 1
    I fished it on Saturday, and if you fished where the wind started, the muck was cleared out fairly well. No sight fishing to speak of although I did waste entirely to much time trying to target browns that were feeding right in front of the house. They were smaking minnows in about 4 inches of water but every inch of that was covered in weeds. Each time my fly hit, I was hung up.

Hope that helps some.

Ira..
  3. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    Ratings: +467 / 1
    i hit it this past sat nite from about 7 until midnight. between the 3 of us we managed 3 nice rainbows (18-20"rs) and 3 planters (like 9"rs). we each ran different lines (floater, inter sink tip, and intermediate full sink) pulling big dark bunny leeches in tight to shore. the algae was still really thick in some spots but in some areas it was almost clear. almost... ill be back out this sunday morning as the mornings seem to treat me better.

weekend before last i managed these. dark drab leeches tied with a bit of gold flash fished right up under the trees in the morning got me two browns (21" and 19") and and two nice bows (17-19"). sunday evening all my fish but one were caught trolling out a bit and casting when i hit a fish. i found no real hotspots, just persistance and lots of untangling flies from overhangs :beathead: . maybe ill see you on the water.
  4. Backyard SANCHO!

The River, WA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Wow, that last photo looks more like a Hybrid Tiger than the classic Pass Brown.

[IMG]
  5. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    That's the first thing that came to my mind. it almost looks like a brown/tiger mix
  6. Split Bamboo Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    El Tigre Grande!
  7. ceviche Active Member

Shoreline, Washington, U.S.A.
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    Very nice mestizo trout! So how's that W.W. Grigg float tube holding up? I just got myself one, and I'm really enjoying it. Seat and back are a bit of a pain in the @ss to blow up, but the rest of it is pretty good.
  8. Mulligan Stephen Mull

Seattle
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I've been rockin the Grigg's tube for a while now. Can't beat it for the price. Only complaint is that I could go for a little more reclined position. I like to get my lean on.
  9. yellowlab Active Member

In a van... down by the river, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 8
    Fished Pass yesterday for an hour in the afternoon, wind was kicking and lake is showing the season turnover. Ended up with one 9" stocker.
  10. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    yeah that is a tiger about 16"s...

but yeah i love the grigg tube i leave the back and seat inflated all the time, kind of eliminates the pain. its a great tube for the price, $100 cant be beat... :thumb:

ill be back there sunday morn weather permitting....
  11. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +513 / 0
    Word of caution....make sure when the green muck is out on Pass to rinse your gear well after you are done and get that stuff off.....I think I'm usually good about keeping my gear clean and organized. But twice I have pulled out my trout reel and tube after being at Pass and my gear looked liked it needed a penicilin shot :(
  12. Diehard aka Justin

Seattle, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    That last photo definitely looks like a tiger. When did they put tigers in Pass??
  13. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    quick report:

sat evening- 2 browns (23" fatty and 19"r) and 2 bows (18"rs) to the tube
    sun morning- 1 19" brown and 2 bows (21" and 20") to the tube

lake is much clearer but nasty weather made it tough

no real hot fly pattern, i changed up a lot between whites, blacks, and olives and all had their time and place. big black bunny leech with a little red and silver flash gave up the hawg brown.