Pass Lake on Friday

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Islander, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +177 / 6
    I have to go to Anacortes on Friday so I figured since I would be driving by Pass on the way home I might as well fish it. I should be on the water some time around 3:30-4:00pm and plan to fish late. Anyone game? I'll be in my orange pontoon and of course have on my lucky WFF hat. :thumb:
  2. Trout Master Active Member

Water temps were very warm @ Pass the last time I was there 2 weeks ago.
    Probably warmmer now, I'd give them a rest for now! :confused:
  3. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Ratings: +14 / 0
    I was up there a couple weeks ago as well, the water temps are definitely a little too warm for my liking. It just puts a little too much stress on the fish, and they don't fight as well... iagree
  4. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +201 / 0
    I would have to agree on the water temps. I kinda put the lake rod away for the summer and head to moving water. The higher water temps do put too much stress on the fish and survival is very questionable. Plus, they come in like slugs, from past experience. IMO - Leave the quality lakes alone until Sept. / Oct. I know it's not what you wanted to hear Islander, just my opinion.

As for me, work has gotten in the way lately, which is fine, but I do need a fishing fix. Perhaps the salt is in store this weekend.

MB
  5. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +177 / 6
    Thanks for the info guys, I think I'll will hit the north beaches instead.
  6. Wayne Jordan Active Member

Ratings: +14 / 0
    Islander,
    I'll definitely meet up with you in September for a little Pass Lake fishing! :thumb: