Pass Lake on Sunday 11/27

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Wayne Jordan, Nov 26, 2005.

1. I'll be up on Pass Lake this Sunday if anyone else is interested in chasing some fish around. I'll be fishing on a Scadden Montana Pontoon boat (green), from dawn until dark.

2. Please post a report when you get back. I heard that casting into the banks with bait patterns is the ticket up there. Browns should be eating that stuff up right now. Eager to hear how you did...

Joshua

3. Food for thought: It would seem that stillwater browns are all hugging the shoreline at this time of the year. That's what I discovered at my favorite W. Washington brown trout lake. Just toss in something large and dark olive and then strip it back. I noticed that it wasn't all that important to strip slowly. However, if you get a strike without a hook-up, pause for a second or two and then resume with a spastic-though-urgent kind of a retrieve (The baitfish thinking: "***!? Ouch! I gotta get out of here... Crap, that hurts...!"). The next strike by the brown should be assertive.

4. I got a 27" brown 100 feet from the shore on Saturday at Pass Lake. Then a 22" 10 feet from the grass. Go figure! Then three rainbows. All on the same small green WB.

5. The results...
    1 brown in the 5 lb. range (caught while eating lunch @ the boat launch)

7-8 rainbows caught using both nymphs & streamers

Very few bugs coming off, but still a few surface feeders around.

Only 2 other anglers on the lake who left around 9:30.

And witness to one hell of a car crash on I-5 on the way back!

6. Witness to the actual event of the crash or the post accident scene. Saw the report on the news ...Wow...they said 30 cars involved?

Sounds like a good day for you...was it cold? (That area on certain days seems to be 10 degrees cooler than the rest of mainland....oceanic breeze?)

7. I drove by the accident scene just as the ambulances were arriving. It looked like a nasty squall blew through the area just before then.

It actually wasn't that bad on the lake, partly sunny and windless for the most part.